PDA

View Full Version : Simple Ash Bowl

Wayne Leach
08-03-2009, 9:38 PM
Just a simple bowl design made from Ash and lines are burned in by the pyromaniac turner.
Bowl measures approx. 4-1/2" diameter x 2-1/4"high and finished with multi coats of Minwax Wipe on Poly - Satin. Then finally burnished in with a coarse towel.
The signature on the bottom has its own story(I was never happy with hand signing my work even though I was a draftsman for many years).
The little Blackburnian Warbler crashed into my home office window one morning and fell to the deck on its side with its eyes closed. I ran out and picked him up and held him in the pocket of my sweatshirt in the office to keep him warm (I heard that you must keep them warm). After about 20 minutes he started to squirm and kick so I took him outside and put him on a stump. He waited while I got my camera and was a very good subject. Later he flew away and hopefully is still going strong.
Thanks for looking,
Wayne

David Christopher
08-03-2009, 9:55 PM
Wayne, that is a very nice looking bowl...I like the shape and the bird story

Steve Schlumpf
08-03-2009, 9:57 PM
Wayne - very nice little bowl! Really like the form! Interesting story about the warbler - have had a few such stories myself over the years! Sure breaks up a regular day! Keep up the good work!

Bernie Weishapl
08-03-2009, 9:59 PM
Great looking bowl Wayne and interesting story.

Curt Fuller
08-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Beautiful bowl and a great way to tell the story about the warbler.

Mike Golka
08-04-2009, 8:32 AM
Like the shape, good looking bowl.