PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Tools Question

Jim Foster
08-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Years ago I bought several squares, and a few other layout tools from Bridge City Tools. They are great tools. I took about a five to seven year hiatus from woodworking and am now coming back and I went to the Bridge City web site and it looks like they do not even make a trditional square anymore, but they do sell $2,500 planes and lots of other things.

In the discontinued tool list, they list squares and layout tools that I would like to acquire. Does anyone know if they do occasional or seasonal runs of discontinued tools? I dropped them an email a week or so ago, but have not gotten a response.

Thanks

Dave Jeske
08-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Jim,
Usually when Bridge City discontinues a product it is not produced anymore. Occasionally they have sales to clear out old inventory. If you watch the Bay and other sites some of their tools come up for auction. Also some of the old tools auction sites have them from time to time. The PNTC here in the Northwest will have some of their tools for auction.
Dave

Jim Foster
08-02-2009, 1:13 PM
Thanks,

That's what I thought.

Jim,
Usually when Bridge City discontinues a product it is not produced anymore. Occasionally they have sales to clear out old inventory. If you watch the Bay and other sites some of their tools come up for auction. Also some of the old tools auction sites have them from time to time. The PNTC here in the Northwest will have some of their tools for auction.
Dave

Jim Koepke
08-02-2009, 6:48 PM
If you get on their email list, you will be kept up to date with their sales and discontinued items.

jim