PDA

View Full Version : Mitre saw station gloat

Brian Runau
08-02-2009, 8:40 AM
Finally finished my Norm inspired mitre saw station.

Brian
Indianapolis

Russ Boyd
08-02-2009, 8:52 AM
Nice job Brian! You'll love have that type of set up. Nice shop space too.

George Davidson
08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Nice set up Brian

Michael Schapansky
08-02-2009, 3:51 PM
Very nice. I'm still laying out my shop and I'd love to see a couple more close up shots!

Anthony Anderson
08-02-2009, 5:19 PM
Very nice Brian. I too would like a few more close up shots. That is a project that has been on my list for awhile now. Hopefully it will get done yet this year.

Congrats on a job well done. Bill

Ben Martin
08-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Nice looking mitre station, I wish my shop was big enough for something like that!

Don Bullock
08-03-2009, 8:56 AM
Very nice Brian. I too would like a few more close up shots. That is a project that has been on my list for awhile now. Hopefully it will get done yet this year.

Congrats on a job well done. Bill

My sentiments exactly. One of those will fit quite nicely into my shop, but considering all the other things I need to do around our house, i doubt I'll be able to get to it this year.

Mike Cruz
08-03-2009, 9:50 AM
That looks great! I'm working on mine now. I didn't decide to go with cabinets under (after looking at yours...I'm kinda wishing I had) just open for storage. Maybe I'll modify what I have already started... hmmmmmm... thanks for the inspiration!

Brian Runau
08-03-2009, 3:39 PM
Very nice. I'm still laying out my shop and I'd love to see a couple more close up shots!

Mike

Here are my pictures. jointer goes against wall behind ts under window. Planer goes opposite wall from mitre saw.

Brian

Gary Ratajczak
08-03-2009, 4:01 PM
Shop looks great. I am in a basement, and was curious as to the performance of the JDS cyclone you have. Does a lot of dust pass into the filter? How about suction?

Thanks

Mike Cruz
08-03-2009, 5:24 PM
HEY! Is that a STOOL in your shop? What are you doing...sitting down or working?!?!?!?!?! Ha, actually, I'm glad to see it. When I get my shop done (better be soon, now, or else!) I've GOT to have one.

Nice looking shop. I like the grain matching on your drawers and doors. Nice attention to detail.

Dell Moore
08-03-2009, 5:37 PM
Obviously now guys, Brian doesn't actually USE those tools, his shop is DISGUSTINGLY clean and organized (grumble, drool, grumble, drool....) :D

Mine of course if DISGUSTINLY unorganized and dust laden.... ;)

NICE JOB!

Brian Runau
08-03-2009, 7:06 PM
Shop looks great. I am in a basement, and was curious as to the performance of the JDS cyclone you have. Does a lot of dust pass into the filter? How about suction?

Thanks

It does great. I bought the 2 hp unit and used 6" duct. It was short enought to fit in my 1950's ranch basement. Hard to define a lot of dust for filter. I don't think so, but I guess I don't have a reference? I think I may need to change my main bag soon and I have about and 1 to 1-1/2" of fines in the bag under the filter in the corners only.

Only issue was wiring plug for unit. I got as visual for the plug, but my electrician had right plug configuation, but wrong size. I suggest wire after you have unit.

Richard Link
08-03-2009, 7:52 PM
That shop is so peaceful looking - organized, efficient, balaced. It should have a zen garden adjacent to the tablesaw. Mine always looks like the feds just broke in and trashed the place looking for evidence....

Brian Runau
08-04-2009, 8:35 AM
I am very eastern in my approach to all things. For me balance is the key to life. So, thank you for seeing that manifested in the things I do.

Brian

Jason White
08-04-2009, 9:10 PM
Where's the sawdust? ;)

Finally finished my Norm inspired mitre saw station.

Brian
Indianapolis

Rich Engelhardt
08-05-2009, 7:36 AM
Hello,

Mine always looks like the feds just broke in and trashed the place looking for evidence....
:D
Better'en mine.
Mine looks like Attila and his merry band of Hun's pillaged it. ;).

Brian,
Wow!
Sure is large!
It's hard to visualize how much space a good miter station can take up.
I'm going to have to rethink my layout after seeing those pics.

Rod Sheridan
08-05-2009, 7:54 AM
Very nice shop Brian.

I see you used EMT for the wiring as well, the inspector was surprised when he inspected my shop to see EMT, however it's a great choice.

It's also nice to see a shop photograph with a guard on the table saw.

The shop is very clean and organized, which leads to nice work.

Regards, Rod.