PDA

View Full Version : small gloat, I guess

Ed Moehlenpah
09-05-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm bartering for a few tools, here are pictures of them, the pictures aren't very good. The tools haven't been used in 5-7 years. It's a Delta 46-541 lathe (I don't know the first thing about lathes...), a DJ20, and a Delta mortiser. So far, I'm doing good, I managed to break the weld on the mobile base of the DJ20 when I took it out of my trailer :(

Looks like I'll be breaking out my welder.
Ed

Ed Moehlenpah
09-05-2004, 12:57 AM
here's the picture.

Jim Ketron
09-05-2004, 1:02 AM
Looks like you made a great deal!
Congrats!
Jim

Larry Browning
09-05-2004, 8:51 AM
What did you have to give up to get that cache of tools? I'd bet it was more than the dovetail jig ;)

PS If this is a small gloat, I wonder what you would classify as a major gloat? This looks to be several thousand bucks worth of stuff there. I just got a new compressor and am giddy with gloat.

Jim Becker
09-05-2004, 10:59 AM
He scores! Nice haul, Ed. And yes, this qualifies as a MAJOR gloat...and even has the pictures to prove it.

Ed Moehlenpah
09-05-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm doing a bunch of labor for a lady along with some friends in exchange for the tools. Ok, I bought a bunch of material yesterday for her too. We've got two
decks to put in, plus some electrical, plumbing, etc. We're having to work around years of sprinkler pipe repairs, wierd wiring situations, sewer pipes, and all sorts of stuff we had no idea was there. After yesterday, it was occurring to me that it might be easier to have just paid for the tools. The problem is, she needs the help more than the money.

Tyler Howell
09-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Been in messes like that Ed. CYA!
But that is a Hat Trick!!;)

Bob Flemming
09-05-2004, 1:09 PM
Like I always say,