PDA

View Full Version : Delta/UNISAW Parts Sources

ken gibbs
07-30-2009, 3:58 AM
Can anybody provide a source for UNISAW parts? When I try to get results from the Delta website, they are not responsive to my e-mails asking for help. Thanks.

Rick Lizek
07-30-2009, 5:18 AM
Call their 800 number for best results. Ultimately all parts come from there anyway so going to a different source isn't any cheaper or faster. Arbor bearings and certain generic parts are best bought from industrial suppliers like www.bearingbrokers.com , www.mcmaster.com, etc. Have the model and serial number ready. Emails aren't the best way to go. Obviously call them during normal business hours.

Used to do warranty work on Delta and other machinery so have a good sense of how best to deal with things.

Bob Aquino
07-30-2009, 7:19 AM
Unfortunately when B&D bought them out they pretty much did away with all the Delta specific support the brand used to be known for.

If you need parts, these guys are probably the easiest route to take: http://www.sawcenter.com/unisawparts.htm

There is also a guy that used to be active here and on some other boards, John Weber bought out most of delta's parts inventory a few years back and is now selling those parts directly through his own website: http://www.weberwoodworking.com and also via the bay with a similar username. He also sells parts back to B&D/Delta so they can sell them to you at a higher cost. From what I understand, it was too much for them to maintain the inventory and track it all so they let him do it for them.

Finally, you may want to go over and post a WTB ad on OWWM.org's BOYD forumn, they trade parts for old Uni's all the time. The basic machine didnt change much over the years so even parts from a 50 year old machine may work on a much newer model. Good Luck.

Carroll Courtney
07-30-2009, 9:16 AM
I replace my bearings about month ago,cost was around 20bucks.What took so long was trying to pull out the trunnions all in one piece.Call Accurate Bearings at 1-800-323-6548 and ask for Lynne.There should be numbers on the side of the bearings get those #'s and have them handy.Pic of mine 1950 Uni----Carroll

Chip Lindley
07-30-2009, 9:54 AM
IF you are replacing damaged or missing cast iron parts, eBay may be your best bet. Less sticker shock (but not always!) I bought a Unisaw motor pulley for around $30. Delta wanted over $100! Otherwise, as mentioned above, replacement bearings are generic and available from many other sources.

Alex Shanku
07-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Redmond Machinery in Atlanta

Gary Muto
07-30-2009, 1:43 PM
I've had decent luck by going to a regional service center. I don't know where you are located but the service centers are listed in the owner's manuals and online.

Pete Bradley
07-30-2009, 1:45 PM
Do you need help or parts? Delta or Ace Tool Repair www.acetoolrepair.com will sell you parts. Ace's web site is a lot friendlier.

If you want to talk to someone who actually knows something about machines, you're better off calling Saw Center in Massachusetts, or getting on the OWWM site.

Pete

marvin white
12-28-2015, 5:56 PM
looking for an adjustment knob with gear for fence

marvin white
12-28-2015, 5:59 PM
marvin frogman2@embarqmail.com