PDA

View Full Version : wall hanging or just a plate?

alex carey
07-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I finished this guy up today. It's an 8" eastern white cedar. Not sure if its a plate or a wall hanging. Seems more like a wall hanging to me. It started out quite big, but just kept getting smaller and smaller. Thoughts?

Comments, Critique and Opinions are all welcome and appreciated.

Steve Schlumpf
07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Pretty cool work Alex! What ever you want to call it you should make sure that it is on display! Very rustic - love the inclusions and the missing areas! Lots to look at in this one! Keep up the nice work!

Richard Madison
07-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Very gnarly Alex. Looks as though it might have had a fairly high "Potential UFO" quotient. Would look good in a simple plate display stand.

Jarrod McGehee
07-30-2009, 3:15 AM
I'd say wall hang or on a stand like Richard said. Bummer it kept shrinking on you though. it looks really cool man

Jeff Nicol
07-30-2009, 6:08 AM
Alex, I think just like Jarrod on this one, wall or a nice stand or like I have done in the past make some more that are flat or not and put them together to create a larger wall hanging. It is amazing how lots of round disc's can make a pretty cool looking thing!

Greal looking and fun to turn!

Jeff

alex carey
07-30-2009, 6:16 AM
do you have a picture of that jeff? Love to see exactly what you mean, how do you attach them?

Mike Minto
07-30-2009, 9:19 AM
pac-man!!!

Bernie Weishapl
07-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Great looking piece. Really like the inclusions and missing piece. Really would make a nice display piece.

Rob Cunningham
07-31-2009, 8:34 AM
I think that would look good on a simple plate stand on a coffee table or end table. A nice conversation piece.

Steve Mawson
07-31-2009, 9:02 AM
Looks like a plate to hang on the wall to me. It would also look very nice in a plate stand. Unique piece.

Ed Frie
07-31-2009, 10:07 AM
This must be art. Isn't there a saying that "if it can hold water it's a bowl (or plate) and if it cannot, it's art".

So it must be art. Very nicely done art at that.

steven carter
07-31-2009, 10:23 AM
If you put a plastic overlay on it you could use it as an artists paint pallette, it looks alot like my pallette.

Seriously, it could be either one but I would lean toward a wall hanging.

Steve