PDA

View Full Version : Base Dimensions for the Rikon 14" Deluxe

Jesse Schauer
07-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I purchased a Rikon 14" Deluxe band saw over the weekend (taking advantage of the Woodcraft Anniversary sale). They didn't have any on hand, so I'm currently waiting for another shipment. Much to my frustration, my saw is apparently sitting in a warehouse 30 miles away, while Woodcraft is somewhat further in the opposite direction.

Anyways, while I wait for my saw, I'd like to get started making a mobile base for it. Does anyone have the dimensions of the base of this saw?

David Christopher
07-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Jesse, just went out and measured mine its 17 1/2 X 24

Jesse Schauer
07-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Excellent, thank you very much Dave!

Jesse Schauer
08-10-2009, 1:37 AM
I finally got around to making my base and am for the most part pleased. My base design is set up to raise the saw minimally (about 1.5") while still using reasonably decent casters. I used 2x4 construction with 1/8" angle iron to support the saw itself. Casters were el cheapo Harbor Freight ones I was concerned about them not being dual locking, but the saw is heavy enough that it doesn't even really need to be locked to stay put. It does roll quite smoothely, even with my horribly cracked floor.

Got my saw this past Friday, fit right into the base I made. Doesn't get much easier than that.

Basil Rathbone
08-10-2009, 11:28 AM
I think you should have used more screws!! Just kidding. It looks really good and sturdy. I also have a Rikon 10-325 and love it. Have fun.

Basil

David Christopher
08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Jesse, congrats on the saw and base..that looks really well built..Im sure it will last a lifetime