PDA

View Full Version : Another 3D update

Dee Gallo
07-29-2009, 6:46 PM
Hi all, just an update on my 3D exploits. I won't bother you guys anymore, it's going to get boring... BUT this one is an improvement on what you've seen already, I think. It's done on cherry and has not been finished, the customer will have someone do that since she did not send the case.

cheers, dee

fred sanchez
07-29-2009, 6:54 PM
You never bother us dee

Dee Gallo
07-29-2009, 7:00 PM
You never bother us dee

You are so nice, Fred - thanks! :) dee

Dave Lock
07-29-2009, 7:04 PM
Once again a spectacular result Dee,

Please keep sharing.

Dave.

Steve Clarkson
07-29-2009, 7:16 PM
Dee,

I'm just gonna start sending all my jobs to you!

That's truly impressive. So what did you do to improve on your last one? Just little tweaks or did you learn anything new?

Dee Gallo
07-29-2009, 7:45 PM
Dee,

I'm just gonna start sending all my jobs to you!

That's truly impressive. So what did you do to improve on your last one? Just little tweaks or did you learn anything new?

Thanks, Steve,

Didn't learn anything new, but I did manage to make this design in half the time the first one took, since I understood what would look like what - plus, I did a test burn on a scrap and added some small 1/2 pt. lines to emphasize certain overlaps. I did do a second pass on this one for more depth to match her other designs on the case.

cheers, dee

Frank Corker
07-29-2009, 8:23 PM
They are getting better each time Dee. Fred is right, you won't bother us, actually that's because this type of stuff doesn't get boring. Seeing what can be achieved with some effort is a good incentive, so don't stop posting.

Mike Christen
07-29-2009, 10:29 PM
WOW Dee , that is great, and as the others you do not bother us with your amazing work. Please continue to post your work, it is awesome!!!

Doug Griffith
07-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Awesome Dee!!!

A few things I'm curious about: the dimensions and how long it took to engrave?

Cheers,
Doug

Randy Walker
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Dee
Your work is absolutly inspiring! I've only had my laser a few months and work like yours inspires me (and others I'm sure) to excelence.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Randy

P.S. Please bother us some more.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Steve Eide
07-30-2009, 1:01 AM
Beautiful work Dee. Is the design yours also?

Steven Wallace
07-30-2009, 4:47 AM
Dee,

You could never be seen as a pest. Especially, after I learned your tracing technique that you so generously posted. In fact, if I lived closure to you, you would have to kick me off your front stoop in the morning just to get to your morning paper. You could be my Laser-sensei.
Thanks for sharing!
Steve

Stephen Kane
07-30-2009, 5:11 AM
Dee Fantastic.
You have blazed the trail!
Challenge now is to go try some 3D work here.

Stephen

Dee Gallo
07-30-2009, 7:41 AM
Awesome Dee!!!

A few things I'm curious about: the dimensions and how long it took to engrave?

Cheers,
Doug

The piece is small, only 6.5" x 9". It took about 1/2 hour to engrave, 2 passes.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments - I will keep posting future developments, too. I just thought what interested ME was not always so interesting to other people, but I guess it is!

cheers, dee

Ed Lang
07-30-2009, 8:51 AM
Hi Dee,

I read and don't type much around here now but I sure would like to see more and hear how you do that!

Looks great!

If it was easy, I might try something today as tomorrow is my 27th anniversary and I have not made anything yet but dinner plans.

Ed

Dee Gallo
07-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi Dee,

I read and don't type much around here now but I sure would like to see more and hear how you do that!

Looks great!

If it was easy, I might try something today as tomorrow is my 27th anniversary and I have not made anything yet but dinner plans.

Ed

Ed, go to: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=112639&page=2

Then, open my zipped files and copy one of the designs for whatever you are making. Should make a simple plaque or trivet special if you add a name or phrase... and next year, PLAN AHEAD!!!

:) dee

Skip Weiser
07-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Masterpiece!

That is truly awe inspiring, Dee.

Dan Hintz
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
That is arguably the best 3D image performed on a laser I've seen yet. Nice detail, decent size (not a 2" coin), and something more complicated than the letters "3D". Thumbs up, Dee!

Scott Shepherd
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
tomorrow is my 27th anniversary and I have not made anything yet but dinner plans.

Ed

I didn't know IHOP took reservations :D

Beautiful work Dee, thanks for sharing!

Mark Ross
07-30-2009, 2:04 PM
Wow that is spectacular. I also would like to know the full details of how you did that, because for 3D wood work, I think that tutorial would be right up there help wise with the thread I found on the "gold standard".

Robert Alexander
07-30-2009, 8:50 PM
[QUOTE]Hi all, just an update on my 3D exploits. I won't bother you guys anymore, it's going to get boring... BUT this one is an improvement on what you've seen already, I think. It's done on cherry and has not been finished, the customer will have someone do that since she did not send the case.

Dee, Keep up on the 3-d artwork posts. You have a gift for creating beautiful artwork. Your posts give me ideas to try different things artistically with the laser:rolleyes:

Dave Garcia
07-30-2009, 9:41 PM
Dee,

Please keep posting! It really does give us new people some great incentive to press on, regardless! Photos are great even without telling us how it's done. But your "guidance" is sincerely appreciated as well!

Thanks again. The gentlemen that said you were our laser sensai is spot on target with that comment!

Dave Garcia :)
The Wood Block, Ltd

Scott M Smith
07-31-2009, 2:10 AM
Very impressive, Dee!

Andrea Weissenseel
07-31-2009, 4:00 AM
This really looks great - keep on bothering me too :D

I wish I had more time to experiment with 3D, since it's one of my favorite themes *sad*