PDA

View Full Version : Looking for black marble to engrave

Miguel Pinho
07-28-2009, 6:13 AM
Hello everybody

I'm looking for some black marble to engrave.Can someone tell me where can i get it.

Regards

Miguel

Mike Christen
07-28-2009, 8:27 AM
Hi Miguel

Try http://www.lasersketch.com, thats the only one I know of. Tried to find local supplier for absolute black marble with out any luck.

Michael Kowalczyk
07-28-2009, 3:01 PM
How much are you looking for and where are you located?

Miguel Pinho
07-28-2009, 4:38 PM
Hello Michael

I'm from Portugal. I cheked on the internet and i found some chinese company that sell black marble, but they are not marble tiles, but black granite.

Miguel Pinho
07-28-2009, 4:40 PM
i cheked that link, but i think thats black granite...are you sure that material is marble?

Hi Miguel

Try http://www.lasersketch.com, thats the only one I know of. Tried to find local supplier for absolute black marble with out any luck.

Scott Shepherd
07-28-2009, 5:48 PM
http://www.lasersketch.com/catalog/LS%20Absolute%20Black%20Marble-1106.htm

They have both, marble and granite.

Tim Bateson
07-28-2009, 6:23 PM
The marble may not be real marble - seems soft - engraves with very little power - you won't get that bright white you see with other marble.

Cliff Patrick
07-29-2009, 10:45 AM
New to the industry is Titan Industries, Inc. They will be carrying marble, granite, wood products, acrylic, as well as other products for the laser engraving industry. They are located in South Point, OH and can be reached at 740-451-0574.

Bill Cunningham
08-01-2009, 9:31 PM
Most tile shops can order Nero Marquina marble .. It's real marble that engraves white. (some of it in not pure black, but you can ask for pure black and get it)..Remember, real marble requires a LOT more power than the lasersketch type 'marble' and it's a lot more forgiving..

Mike Fruciano
08-03-2009, 2:40 PM
Not all granite and marble is ideal for laser engraving. We have found the absolutely black marble to be inconsistant from batch to batch and require determining new power and speed settings for each batch or size. This was not practical for our customers.

LaserBits.com carries a complete line of marble gift items and granite tiles that are laser tested and consistant.

Bill Cunningham
08-04-2009, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=Mike Fruciano;1187303]Not all granite and marble is ideal for laser engraving. We have found the absolutely black marble to be inconsistant from batch to batch and require determining new power and speed settings for each batch or size. This was not practical for our customers.

LaserBits.com carries a complete line of marble gift items and granite tiles that are laser tested and consistant.

Yes, but the laserbits 'marble' is not marble, it's closer to granite. It does not turn white, and is not as forgiving as real marble.. I have used brown from H.D., and black nero from tile shops, they all etched white, and reproduced photographs with amazing detail, much better than granite. Keep in mind, if it's going outside, real marble is your worst choice the laserbits 'marble' and their granite is very outside durable, and both are impervious to acid rain. Although both do need to be whitened..