PDA

View Full Version : Miter Gauge Gloat

Waymon Campbell
09-03-2004, 8:39 PM
Lookee what the UPS guy delivered today :) . From box to assembled to calibrated was all of 15 minutes. Nice!

Josh Bendel
09-03-2004, 8:48 PM
I ordered the EB-3 about a month ago. I love mine, the only thing I would have changed would have been to order it a lot sooner. :D

David Tang
09-03-2004, 9:37 PM
I built a crosscut sled out of plywood, oak 1x2 for the back stop and an aluminum rail for the miter slot. How do I justify (to SWMBO) purchasing that gem pictured above?

Dick Parr
09-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Very nice Waymon, I wish I had gotten that one instead of the 1000E. But at the time they hadn't come down in the price. Love that hindsight.. :(

David, you can tell her you need the Osborne for cutting miter joints on the TS and the sled only cuts 90's. ;)

Dennis Peacock
09-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Waymon,

I want a review and come closeup pics.!!!! :eek: :p

I have never seen one of these in person and have always wondered about an Osborne miter guage.

Do tell.!!!!

Joe Meazle
09-04-2004, 2:06 AM
Dennis,

I would be happy to let you test drive mine. I actaully have two flavors. I have the EB-3 which I bought first. It is one of my favorite tools. I also have one that came with the Dewalt sliding table ( that I still have not installed):confused: . I would be happy for you to give the EB-3 a try. It goes great with a Jet LT:) .

Joe

Tom Hintz
09-04-2004, 5:40 AM
Congrats!
I was lucky enough ot get on the EB-3 wagon early on and have been using it ever since with no problems. I do check it occasionally to be sure it is "right on" but have had little need for additional adjustments.
I have a review with photos at the link below for those still contemplating this piece.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/osbrneb3.html

Greg Heppeard
09-04-2004, 9:08 AM
Waymon,

I want a review and come closeup pics.!!!! :eek: :p

I have never seen one of these in person and have always wondered about an Osborne miter guage.

Do tell.!!!!

Another one for the list of items to bring to the BBQ? This one would be for demo use only tho :rolleyes:

Waymon Campbell
09-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Another one for the list of items to bring to the BBQ? This one would be for demo use only tho :rolleyes:

Good idea Greg... I'll bring it along for some test driving at the BBQ.

Ed Falis
09-04-2004, 11:24 AM
I built a crosscut sled out of plywood, oak 1x2 for the back stop and an aluminum rail for the miter slot. How do I justify (to SWMBO) purchasing that gem pictured above?

Set the sled up for the right miter slot, and the EB-3 for the left. Tell her you'll be a lot quicker not having to change setups.

- Ed

Dennis Peacock
09-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Dennis,

I would be happy to let you test drive mine. I actaully have two flavors. I have the EB-3 which I bought first. It is one of my favorite tools. I also have one that came with the Dewalt sliding table ( that I still have not installed):confused: . I would be happy for you to give the EB-3 a try. It goes great with a Jet LT:) .

Joe

Bring it to me....I could use it on this knife box for the final end cuts.

Joe Meazle
09-04-2004, 2:11 PM
Dennis,

I know you are on a tight schedule with that project. I am in Shreveport until Mon. morn. I could have it to you by mon. @ lunch time. I hop that will help. I like using it on small peices. There is a lot to hang on to so the digits can stay clear of the blade.

Joe

Dan Mages
09-04-2004, 8:09 PM
Out of curiosity, how much do those cost?

Dan

Dick Parr
09-04-2004, 8:29 PM
I have seen them as low as $159 and as high as $189 now. I think they were $199 when I wanted to get one and didn't have that much to spend.

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Dan, you can find the EB 3 at Amazon for $143.99, and free shipping.

Not sure if I can post the link here, but a quick Google search will show it is available at Amazon............the link will be on the right side of the Google results page.

Waymon Campbell
09-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Dan, you can find the EB 3 at Amazon for $143.99, and free shipping.

Not sure if I can post the link here, but a quick Google search will show it is available at Amazon............the link will be on the right side of the Google results page.

Thats where I got mine. 3 days from order placement to my doorstep in Texas. Not bad! I bought it at the same time as some other stuff so I got $25 off the total price. :)