PDA

View Full Version : Items for Art Show

Joseph M Lary
07-27-2009, 9:56 PM
Here are some Items that Im making up for the Art Show that Im going to be in .I would like some feed back on them .

Thanks for looking .

Dolan Brown
07-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I really like them. I haven't seen any like your's with the long pedestal but I like them. I was trying to make some acorns today - my first attempt. It took longer to make one than it does to turn a bowl.

Bernie Weishapl
07-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Joseph those are beauties. Those are well done. I make a lot of them and really enjoy doing them. Good sellers also.

Chris Rae
07-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Very nice work! I like the ones on the pedestals, I haven't seen that before.

Brian Novotny
07-27-2009, 11:48 PM
another vote for the pedestals.

Jarrod McGehee
07-28-2009, 2:21 AM
I as well like the tall boxes i'm guessing? on the pedestal.

Terry Quiram
07-28-2009, 9:54 AM
Joseph

I like the your bird houses. I would make the base on the pedistal larger than the bigest diameter of the roof. The small base will make them "tippy".

Steve Schlumpf
07-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Can't believe I missed this ..... Really like the high rise birdhouses! Pretty cool effect and seriously do not believe I have ever seen that variation before! Should be big sellers for you! Lots of luck with your upcoming show!

Harlan Coverdale
07-29-2009, 1:45 AM
They all look nice, but the pedestal versions stand above the rest, figuratively and literally. Best of luck at the show. They should do well.

Joseph M Lary
07-29-2009, 2:48 PM
Thanks for the replys, the Idea came from my brother in law they do them at there turning club for a fund raiser .I turned some last year for christmas sold a lot . the pedestals are so they can be displayed all year and not just on a tree at christmas. The wood is from a old dead tree I found in the woods not sure what kind of tree it is .nice spalting ,black to blonde. Thanks again for looking and the in put .:)