PDA

View Full Version : Tissue Box

Greg Magone
07-26-2009, 9:22 PM
Just completed a tissue box, featuring half-blind dovetail joints.

I'll enter this one in the Puyallup Fair. It was pretty simple construction, so we'll see what the competition is like.

The top and base are made from Cherry and the middle is made from oak.

Greg

Ed Sallee
07-26-2009, 9:45 PM
Very nice..... Hope you do well at the fair!

chris beserra
07-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Cool! Will this be shown in the big buildings where all the Sham-wow people are? :)

John Keeton
07-27-2009, 6:30 AM
Good luck on the contest - I see a blue ribbon headed your way!

Todd Young
07-27-2009, 9:14 AM
Good looking tissue box, Greg. You can offer tissues from it as a consolation to your competitors at the fair when you walk away with first place !!!

John Thompson
07-27-2009, 9:22 AM
Nice clean build... good luck at the fair..

Greg Magone
09-13-2009, 2:25 AM
I went to the Puyallup Fair today and saw my item won a blue ribbon! There were 6 other items in the same category.

gary Zimmel
09-13-2009, 9:56 AM
Congrats on the blue ribbon Greg.

John Thompson
09-14-2009, 8:54 AM
Maybe you should do some craft shows, Greg. I attended a large craft show at Stone Mountain, Georgia recently where simple items as this sold like hot cakes. I'm probably in the wrong business. :)

Greg Magone
09-14-2009, 3:14 PM
Thanks John for the suggestion.

But if I sell my items, I won't be eligible to enter in the Puyallup Fair next year....and after eying the Grand Champion rosette that I saw on the winning project, I don't want to lose that opportunity just yet.

(Actually, I've considered it a few times. But I like making things for my home more so than selling to others)

John Thompson
09-14-2009, 4:13 PM
Thanks John for the suggestion.

But if I sell my items, I won't be eligible to enter in the Puyallup Fair next year....and after eying the Grand Champion rosette that I saw on the winning project, I don't want to lose that opportunity just yet.

(Actually, I've considered it a few times. But I like making things for my home more so than selling to others)

Just came up for coffee from the shop.. fun with DT's at the moment.. :)

I agree about rather make for the home than for sale at least at this point. Until last Xmas I have never duplicated any piece as I mainly do larger carcass but.. I did build two small boxes and two kitchen knife set holders for the females in our family for Xmas. I'm just not a production line kind of guy I suppose. ;)

Good luck next year with the Fair...