PDA

View Full Version : Happy Labor Day.

Kevin Huffman
09-03-2004, 2:19 PM
I haven't talked to anyone on here in the last couple of weeks. I have been looking on here every day.
Just wanted to tell everyone have a happy labor day weekend. Where ever your travels may take you.

Kevin

P.S. Pinnacle Lasers tech support will be close on Monday 06 Sept 04.

Gary Shoemake
09-03-2004, 3:48 PM
Hey Kevin

Have a great weekend and enjoy the holiday.

From Southern Jersey to all Creekers HAve a safe and happy holiday.

Gary:D :D

George M. Perzel
09-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi kevin;
I have a Laserpro Mercury model. Do you use the same (laserpro) print driver for the Pinnacle version? Are you familiar with the Ramp function? Thanks
George M. Perzel

Gary Shoemake
09-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Hi George

If you go to the signwarehouse.com web site and go to the laser engraver page there is a tech support link, http://www.laserpin.com/index_LI2.html at that link there is a link for a pdf file that has an updated manual for the Mercury's. I got mine last October and my manual is quite different from the one online. There is a lot of new items explained that weren't in the old one.
Hope this helps until Kevin gets back to you. I think that it has to do with vector cutting and enabling it to cut above 3% speed.
Gary

George M. Perzel
09-08-2004, 1:30 PM
Hi Gary;
Thanks- will check it out.
George

Chuck Burke
09-09-2004, 2:05 AM
George,
As a Pinnacle laser, I would GUESS that it would us the same printer driver since the Mercury and Pinnacle are the same machine. HOWEVER, Kevin has proven himself quite knowledgeable and would have the answer.
In the meanwhile, what is the "Ramp" function? Is that as function of the driver or the Laser Express software? I'm using CorelDRAW 12

Chuck

George M. Perzel
09-09-2004, 9:10 AM
Hi Chuck;
I am running Mercury driver version 3.42-received it about 3 months ago. The pen tab has, in addition to the vector and raster functions, another column titled "Ramp". Have queried my rep regarding this and he says he will send info, but haven't received it yet.
George

Kevin Huffman
09-10-2004, 9:38 AM
Hello George,

The Ramp feature is a very useful feature.
When the laser is vector cutting on one axis, like from left to right, it has a certian speed setting that goes with it. When you go to go into a curve, you are now moving on 2 axis's. If you carry the same speed setting through that you will not engrave the same depth. It will be shallower than the single axis path of travel. Ramp, or Ramping, is a happy median when traveling on 1 axis and 2 axis. This happy median gives a consistant cut all the way through your vector cutting. When traveling on 1 axis or two it will cut consistanly.
But some materials don't like this feature, like the cheaper plastics. If you turn ramping on and it slows down around the corners it usually ends up burning the plastic. So you would turn ramping off when using some materials.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help explain.

George M. Perzel
09-10-2004, 4:20 PM
Hi Kevin;
Thanks for the info. Ramp is exactly what I needed as I cut clock gears in wood(see www.laserarts.net (http://www.laserarts.net)) and have noticed that I must decrease the speed considerably to get the curved segments to cut all the way through. This will help a lot.
Best regards
George M. Perzel

Kevin Huffman
09-10-2004, 4:55 PM
Hey George,
Glad to know that I can help.
I have looked at your website a couple of times.
A couple of customers had asked me for a website they could look at for what other laser people have. I pointed them in your direction, I hope you don't mind.
They already have machines they just needed some ideas on what other people do. I don't think they are going to go into Clock making like you do, I think you have that market cornered.

Talk to you later

George M. Perzel
09-13-2004, 4:48 PM
Hi Kevin;
I tried out the Ramp function-seems to work pretty well. Took awhile to discover that it is used in conjunction with the vector function and not in place of it-both functions need to be activated for the appropriate color under the Pen tab. Thanks
George M. Perzel