PDA

View Full Version : Road trip

Dahl Troy Perry
07-26-2009, 6:41 PM
Just got home from a road trip on the goldwing went to Fort Wayne In. about 100mi to the Woodcraft store got several things but the one I'm looking forward to reading is the book that I got The Art Of Segmented Wood Turing by Malcolm Tibbetts have been wanting to read it for a while.

Steve Schlumpf
07-26-2009, 7:00 PM
Sounds like fun! Been a long time since I did any bike road trips! Looking forward to seeing what you turn once you read Malcolm's book!

Richard Madison
07-26-2009, 7:44 PM
Malcolm's book is well worth the trip.

Brian Novotny
07-26-2009, 8:14 PM
Just got home from a road trip on the goldwing went to Fort Wayne In. about 100mi to the Woodcraft store got several things but the one I'm looking forward to reading is the book that I got The Art Of Segmented Wood Turing by Malcolm Tibbetts have been wanting to read it for a while.

I received the book about a week ago. Been making rings since. Tomorrow I'm working on my feature ring. Since I still don't have a lathe yet.....story for a different thread.....all I have to do is build rings. I REALLY like chapter 10 on stave construction. And the book does not make segmented turning overwhelming like I thought. Good book. What I like is that you can skip around to find the info that you need to do what you want.

Great many jig plans. A jig that cuts down on measuring will cut alot of time. Been looking into disk sanders and found a small one at HF for $40. If you already have one you're set!!!

Bernie Weishapl
07-26-2009, 8:17 PM
Sounds like a fun trip and book is well worth the trip.