PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid Jointer

Rod Goodin
07-26-2009, 4:39 PM
I was just in HD and the Ridgid jointer was marked at $321 so I picked one up (they still have one left). Now before I put it together is it worth picking up a Link belt?

george wilson
07-26-2009, 4:44 PM
I'd say not to worry about it unless the belt is JUST long enough that the motor can go all the way down and rattle on something,as mine does.

I bought a huge roll of the original,industrial link belt material off Ebay. I happen to have the tool it takes to put the belting together(the real stuff has steel rivets in it,and is gray.) But,I've not gotten around to putting it on my jointer yet. I get cramps trying to get down there to work.

Jason White
07-26-2009, 4:51 PM
Nope. The stock belt that comes with the RIDGID works great! I've had mine for 4-5 years without a single problem.

Jason

I was just in HD and the Ridgid jointer was marked at $321 so I picked one up (they still have one left). Now before I put it together is it worth picking up a Link belt?

Tom Welch
07-26-2009, 6:58 PM
+1 for the stock belt, my ridgid is about 4 or 5 years old. And the stock belt is still on and it cuts just fine, and I joint mostly maple on it. Good price on it, way to go. :)

Michael Wetzel
07-26-2009, 7:53 PM
Ugh.. why isn't that jointer ever marked down around here?

Kyle Iwamoto
07-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, that jointer is a great cheapo jointer. The stock belt is fine. IF it wears out, I'd replace it with the link belt.

BTW at $321 this should be titled as a gloat.