PDA

View Full Version : Sons 16th Birthday Present

Jon Lanier
07-26-2009, 12:35 AM
The boy is always using my soaps/ brush and bowl for shaving. So I decided to make his own for him. The brush knott is 22mm silver tipped badger hair. I had a freind cast the blank, I sent hime 2 OSU Buckeye ball markers to put at the end of the handle. (Calebs a big Buckeye fan) The 'Red' didn't come out the way I would have liked. But it still works. I turned the handle using a bottle stopper mandrel so it was fairly easy. Bhe bowl is stainless steel and I bought him 'Creme Brulei' for his soap cake. Birthday is this tuesday.

David Walser
07-26-2009, 1:39 AM
Jon,

I'm sure your son will love it! The only "problem" with the brush, of course, is you've endorsed the "wrong" school.

Jeff Nicol
07-26-2009, 5:20 AM
The boy is always using my soaps/ brush and bowl for shaving. So I decided to make his own for him. The brush knott is 22mm silver tipped badger hair. I had a freind cast the blank, I sent hime 2 OSU Buckeye ball markers to put at the end of the handle. (Calebs a big Buckeye fan) The 'Red' didn't come out the way I would have liked. But it still works. I turned the handle using a bottle stopper mandrel so it was fairly easy. Bhe bowl is stainless steel and I bought him 'Creme Brulei' for his soap cake. Birthday is this tuesday.
Jon, I should make myself one of those with the badger hair and the "WISCONSIN BADGER" logo on it! The only thing is I hardly ever shave, my wife loves my beard so I guess I will have to look at your sons once in a while and make believe!

Great job and he will be very proud of you!

Jeff

Greg Just
07-26-2009, 8:42 AM
That's really nice. I have seen that done with bottle stoppers and they make nice gifts. Where did you get the ball markers?

Steve Schlumpf
07-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Jon - great idea and great job on turning the brush handle! I am sure your son will love it!

Joe Mioux
07-26-2009, 11:27 AM
looks great.

joe

Bernie Weishapl
07-26-2009, 1:04 PM
Great looking brush Jon. He is going to love it.

Only problem got the wrong letter in there and anyway who are the buckeyes?:D:cool:;):rolleyes:

Billy Tallant
07-26-2009, 2:26 PM
Jon,

Great looking brush!!!

I would like to make one of those brushes, but not sure what I would do with it. Quit shaving back in 82, after getting out of the military.:)

Jarrod McGehee
07-27-2009, 1:33 AM
I'd throw some trash talk in there but the Aztecs just aren't that good so I'll keep my mouth shut. :(