PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Buy a laser engraver

Robert J Duval
07-25-2009, 4:03 PM
I'm looking to buy a laser engraver not sure if I should buy one from the USA or China. I'm hearing differnt storys about both systems.Can anyone give me some insite. I would like to hear from someone with a system from China or the US if possable. What I'm looking for is how each sysem works the laser tube life. Any information would help.

Thanks

James Stokes
07-25-2009, 4:23 PM
That has been dicussed more than once. Read the back posts and you should find all the information you want.

Dave Garcia
07-25-2009, 4:52 PM
I'm looking to buy a laser engraver not sure if I should buy one from the USA or China. I'm hearing differnt storys about both systems.Can anyone give me some insite. I would like to hear from someone with a system from China or the US if possable. What I'm looking for is how each sysem works the laser tube life. Any information would help.

Thanks

Robert,

Mr. Stokes said it best. There IS a ton of information along this line in this forum. Enjoy the search.

But just my two cents worth for now to help you along the way. I too have just gone through the process of researching a laser purchase. I was also in China a couple of years ago.

You will see a lot of Chinese lasers on the market, usually at considerably lower prices than even the ones made in Taiwan. If you don't see "made in Chine" somewhere on a web site, or on Ebay, the first thing to look for is whether or not the laser tube itself is either air cooled and or water cooled. If it's water cooled, you can be pretty sure it's made in China.

One other thing. If you are a Mac user you can pretty much forget about finding a laser that will work with your Mac. The industry "standard" seems to be Windows with Corel Draw, which means you'll have to run a windows program on your Mac, or use a PC for your laser.

Other than that? Again, have fun looking through this and every other laser engraver forum out there! If you have any specific questions, give me a shot via the PM route.

Welcome to the SMC forum.

Dave Garcia :)
The Wood Bock, Ltd

william kaminsky
07-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I think what Dave. G. mentioned is same as for my experience too. 'least in part.

For I found that near zero of the Imported laser machines or software will work with an Autocad based system. They state so in their brochures and salesman, but no one seems to know how to install or make it work then. They state will work with "Currently Available OS and software", not all systems.

Contrairy, I gotten near zero complaints as to the Importating of Autocad drawings (that go back into the 1980's) using domestic based laser machines or software.

Wm.