PDA

View Full Version : Atomic art help

Andy Joe
07-23-2009, 4:47 PM
I have the system, and i have been trying to perfect it and ended up with one good pic so far. My problem now is learning how to know what to adjust in the pic to get a good out come. Also how to spray the air brush without motteling or running of he paint. Also it dosent seem that they ever manage to get the product working well on Kern lasers, Kern them selfs were unsatifiyed with the product and cant offer me any custemor support on the color. Because they havent used many kern lasers to test it, alot of the advice i have gotten has been off. Like if i use their suggestion for focal point i dont get the prodcut to stick but if i minus the 1/4" focal spacer that is recomended for normal use by kern and just use the atomic art 1,2,3 spacers i get better results. Has anyone used this product with a kern laser and can give me any good advice?

Dee Gallo
07-23-2009, 5:07 PM
I can't help you on much, but I can tell you if your paint is running, you are holding the airbrush too close for the aperture. In other words, either back away from the work or close down the opening so less paint comes out.

You should airbrush paint in thin layers, and it should dry as it comes out of the airbrush: it should be just about dry as it hits the surface of your substrate. If it's too wet, it will run or caterpillar. If it's too dry, it will flake off.

Good luck with Atomic and show us some pics! It's been a source of curiosity for a long time.

cheers, dee

Bill Cunningham
07-26-2009, 9:38 PM
I think one of the longest threads ever created on the laser forum, is regarding "Atomic Arts". Do a search of the creek and I'm sure you will come up with useful information

Rodne Gold
07-27-2009, 12:30 AM
I can't see how we can help you , the whole process seems cloaked in mystery by the developers ... it's this processing you are paying for and this they must get it spot on for you.
Perhaps you should begin to plan to ask for your money back or some refund or some exit strategy as it seems it is not a process that is of any value for you and YOUR laser. Does Atomic art warrantee the process in any way - IE that you can actually get some saleable or useable output from it all?

Andy Joe
08-04-2009, 9:33 AM
I dont have the option to back out, well its not my call atleast. A larger company owns the laser and purchased the atomic art package. I run the laser and pain industrail equipment for them. I have never used an airbrush like the one they are providing me with, i cant adjust my spray with it. Its either full pain or no paint. I tried hooking up my iwata, but the nozle id is to small, and i dont want to spend my money on a new one. I guess running isnt the proper term. Maybe mottling is a better term. The paint bunches up and becomes speckled, im not a trained painter or graphic artist. I work in a machine shop and learned what i know there so im still trying to figure that out. I usually spray with a conventianl gun with mecury base pain, so im use to spraying heavy and wet. Thanks for the tip about spraying farther away to help the paint dry before it hits. Im finding that one of the problems is Atomic Art wants you to lock in settings and use them as a base for every pic. Well if i dont get the same coating and number of coats on the tile each time the setting i need changes drasticly. I will search for that thread as well. Thanks