PDA

View Full Version : 1 Micron Dust bags

Greg Haugen
07-23-2009, 1:53 PM
Does anyone have a source for 1 micron dust bags for a dust collector? I just bought a new DC and want to get 1 micron bags for it. The current size is perfect, 19" diameter by 33".

Any sources you would recommend??

Thanks.

Ron Jones near Indy
07-23-2009, 2:59 PM
My Delta bags came from Amazon. They do a good job--no problems at all.

Richard Chan
07-23-2009, 3:50 PM
You can try American Fabric filter they'll custom make a oversize bag for you.

glenn bradley
07-23-2009, 3:54 PM
As Richard states, the stock bags are a fraction of what they should be. Your airflow will go up and your dust "film" will go down with a properly sized bag. I used AFF and am quite happy (wish I'd have gone bigger though).

Steve Jenkins
07-23-2009, 5:24 PM
I have had American Fabric Filter make several different sized bags for me and have been very satisfied with them all. The largest were about 10 feet tall and fit over 55 gallon drums.

Bruce Page
07-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Bought mine from Penn State.

Chris Damm
07-24-2009, 7:22 AM
With a 30 micron bag they are chip collectors not dust collectore! AFF is a good place for custom bags. I have also had good luck with the 1 micron bags from Penn State.

Matthew Curtis
07-24-2009, 4:03 PM
I asked the same question a while back. Someone sugested a wynn environmental filter.

I decided on that and it works great. I got the cheaper filter due to it having a .5 micron filter rating. Well worth the money. I can now breath in the shop. AS a Respiratory therapist, I understand that a good filter goes a long ways.

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

David Hostetler
07-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Another vote for the Wynn filter. Yes it costs more than a bag, but a pleated filter with a proper pre separator, either a Thien baffle, or at the very least a neutral vane will go a VERY long way to keeping your lungs working correctly over the long haul...

Ron Petley
07-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey Matthew Curtis, I am a R.T./woddworker as well, a rare combo I would think.
I am also trying to figure out how to upgrade my dist collection, are those filters easily cleaned?
Cheers Ron.

Matthew Curtis
08-04-2009, 5:33 PM
don't know yet.. Haven't had a reduction in air flow yet. Once I do all I plan on doing is shake it out, tap it a few times on the side to shake the caked on film off.

Paul Wunder
08-04-2009, 6:43 PM
Another vote for the Wynn filter. When I began WW two years ago I added the Wynn ($90) on to my Delta 50-760 to replace the 1 micron bag that it had. Very big improvement. I have restrictive lung disease so I was very concerned about small particles. Also, there is a lot of info on the Wynn website to help with the conversion.