PDA

View Full Version : Completed Block Wagon and Bench - *PICS*

Mark Patoka
09-02-2004, 12:29 PM
I just wanted to share two of my recently completed projects. The block wagon is based on Norm Abram’s design and is made from walnut, maple and cherry. My son helped scrollsaw the letters for the maple blocks which are 1-1/2” square and finished with a food safe finish. I sent this to my niece for her first birthday.

The pig bench is from a plan from Miesel Wood Hobby. This was a fun break from most of my projects as it was made from scrap plywood and MDF and I was able to complete it in an afternoon. My wife is a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> grade teacher and has a pig-themed classroom. This bench will be going in the “Pig Pen” reading area.

Richard Allen
09-02-2004, 12:34 PM
What terrific projects.

Chris Padilla
09-02-2004, 2:12 PM
Very nice, Mark! Sigh, I gotta get my garage done...I'm pining to do some projects!

Alan Turner
09-02-2004, 2:47 PM
Mark,
Both pieces are great. Could you comment on how you cut and affixed the letters to the blocks?
Thx.
Alan

Dick Parr
09-02-2004, 3:22 PM
Very nice Mark.

Mark Patoka
09-02-2004, 3:45 PM
Alan,
The letters were cut on a scrollsaw out of 1/8" cherry. I used Word to make my letter templates. The blocks have an 1/8" deep recess routed on each of the endgrain ends. The letters are just glued on using Aleene's Tacky Glue as I've always had good luck using that on other scrollsaw work and it should keep the letters from working loose through normal wear and tear.

Jason Tuinstra
09-02-2004, 5:48 PM
Mark, good job with these. The letter blocks look great. And the pig, gotta love it! Keep up the good work!

Tyler Howell
09-02-2004, 6:22 PM
Nice Mark,

Oh to be young again;) ....... To have young again!:eek: