PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"-Vacation Edition

Karl Laustrup
07-23-2009, 6:15 AM
Thursday July 23, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

As you can tell by the date and the title the "DOIN"S" thread is early this week. We're heading up north and take in the sights along the north shore of Lake Superior right up to the Canadian border.

We went about half way, to Split Rock Lighthouse, a few years back and decided it's time to see the rest of the shoreline. Route 61 follows along the lake and there are many stops along the way. There is also added incentive in that one of our own has retired along the shores up that way and a visit is in order.

I trust everyone will have a great weekend. Please be SAFE. I hope to have some pics to share when we return.

Karl

Mike Heidrick
07-23-2009, 7:25 AM
I am dreaming of the weekend (mine starts Friday) already so I will post.

Had a fellow woodworker of ours stop by work Turesday for a few minutes. I got a few seconds to visit with him and get one of his books, a Delta hat, and the router workstation plan signed. Pics below - Pretty cool. We sponsor This Old House (have for 25 years) so he came by for our Home and Auto Showcase. I will get a few seconds of video of his speech on photobucket this weekend. I invited him to lunch with our wood working club and to my shop and dinner but he had to leave Tuesday night. Pretty busy schedule. I tried at least LOL.

my uncle took some of Grandpa's Foley Belsaw sharpening equipment up to his shop so I have a bit more shelf space in the shop and a spot free in the attached garage. I will organize that a bit tonight and fill it again.

Tomorrow I am taking off for Downers Grove IL. Met a Full-on-Felder owner with what sounds like a crazy outfitted shop (my kinda guy). I am headed up to eat lunch with him (he knows a place known for itallian beef) and then to measure and design some DIY sliding table pneumatic clamps. Want to add those to the new shaper. He also has run Nordfab so I want to see that install in a home shop.

Saturday looks like mowing and setting up to make some door trim and baseboards.

Sunday - catch up on sleep and play with Megan. She already has her own tools and knows what they are are and how to use them! She is 2.5ysld. Hand tools only for now LOL. Maybe we will make her a tool box of her own and start her bench. Pic below of her in her boat - she wanted to fly her kite in her boat she said.

Jim Becker
07-23-2009, 9:43 PM
My brother's 50th birthday party is this weekend...that will consume most of it. No time for horsie play, let alone woodworking with the grand celebration! (he's two years behind me, at least.... :D)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Well,

Saturday morning, the LOML, granddaughter and great-granddaughter Riley take off. The granddaughter is taking my wife to the Spokane airport and my wife and g-granddaughter are flyig to Phoenix. The granddaughter will be driving to Phoenix with my grandson and granddaugter's half-brother.

I'll be batching it for the next week or so.

Sharon is flying to Phoenix. Our daughter lives there. The LOML and daughter are flying to Norfolk to see the latest addition to our family ...our 2nd great-grandson. It's going to be a mother-daughter trip.

I'll continue working on getting that main bathroom done. Hopefully getting it tiled this weekend.