PDA

View Full Version : Looking for John ????

Larry Edgerton
07-22-2009, 9:23 PM
I'm looking for John, and I forgot his last name, from East Jordan Mi. He is an older fellow with a beard, retired teacher I believe, into kayaking and old tools.

I am moving my shop and have a Porter Jointer I would like him to have but he hasn't been posting and I can't remember his name. He's probably off kayaking somewhere......

Any help will be appreciated

Larry

Russ Massery
07-22-2009, 9:35 PM
John Bailey

Ken Fitzgerald
07-22-2009, 9:35 PM
Larry,

You probably mean John Bailey?

Leigh Betsch
07-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Larry I would like to re-introduce myself. I'm Leigh John Bailey Betsch and I've moved to South Dakota. You can deliver the planer any day.

PS I went trough Rapid River a few weeks ago, tried to find your number in the the phone book.

Larry Edgerton
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes! John Bailey. I will find him in the phone book, thank you and sorry for the senior moment.

Leigh. Speaking of senior moments, I live in Indian River. ;)

I would have loved to have met you in person and you could have taken that 45 on with you. I have an old Silverwing, so I may have ridden on for a bit with you. Say..... Its only a long days ride to Watertown..... Hmmmmm

Leigh Betsch
07-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Well know wonder you're not in the Rapid River book. I was book'n across the UP trying to remember where you lived, wondering if I would be going through your town when I came up on Rapid River. I had to get gas and rest my tail bone so I looked in the phone book, no dice. Well the jointer wouldn't fit in the Goldwing trunk anyway, and I would have had to leave the wifes personal articles behind to even fit in the 45. If you ever think about giving up that Silverwing I might be interested in making payments;), I used to own a CX500.

Larry Edgerton
07-23-2009, 8:50 AM
Well know wonder you're not in the Rapid River book. I was book'n across the UP trying to remember where you lived, wondering if I would be going through your town when I came up on Rapid River. I had to get gas and rest my tail bone so I looked in the phone book, no dice. Well the jointer wouldn't fit in the Goldwing trunk anyway, and I would have had to leave the wifes personal articles behind to even fit in the 45. If you ever think about giving up that Silverwing I might be interested in making payments;), I used to own a CX500.

Ha! I have given this paticular Silverwing away twice, and it keeps coming back to me, so I think it is meant to be in my garage for now. It is the strangest bike I have ever owned, but I like it in ways just as strange.

I rode a BMW 1200 GT and a Concours before this, but I was running a little hard, grinding the bottoms of the saddlebags on the Connie in corners, so I sold it while I was still alive. The Silverwing does not inspire any such shenanigans, so it may just be destinys way of telling me it is not my time to go that it keeps coming back.

Seriously, I would consider a banzii run to deliver the 45 if things work out that way if you could let me sleep in your barn. I love doing 1000+ mile days, and have done a couple on the Silver in years past. Times are tight for me now though, so not sure about anything. 72% of my clients were GM and Chrysler white collar, so you can just imagine how busy I am.:rolleyes: I have no employees any more and last week roofed a barn by myself at 53, so ya, things have changed. 24/12's bite! I'm down 92% from 2000, but by selling my shop I have chopped overhead to almost nothing.

Hey, I'm selling my SCMI 520, that would look good in your shop!;)

Leigh Betsch
07-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Any time you want to ride out is fine with me, I even have room in the house. Except the next weekend we're riding up to ND and the weekend after we're taking a quick ride to Denver.
The SCMI 520 would look good in my shop but then I wouldn't get much use out of my MM FS41 J/P.
I know what you mean about giving up a sport bike for a touring machine. I traded my beloved Triumph Trophy for the Wing. But I really wanted to ride longer distances and the Triumph was painful after 100 miles.