PDA

View Full Version : Latest Corel version?

Randy Digby
07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm new to the laser world and never had a need for Corel. I purchased EngraveLab to use with the laser and it serves me VERY well since 99% of my jobs are multiple "badges". I import all my data from Microsoft Access files, Excel, etc. I want a copy of Corel for play time with the laser. Looking at the Corel site, it looks like CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 is the latest version - is this what I need to purchase? You folks have posted some great projects here and I want to be able to enjoy them.

There are several sellers of the X4 version on eBay at what looks like a fair price. I hesitate to purchase software there, but have made a few purchases from ebay in the past. I would welcome a lead to a site that has X4 at a good price.

Garrett Nors
07-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Yes, X4 is the latest and greatest from Corel. Way back when we bought CorelDraw v10, everyone told me to buy the "upgrade" version. Basically the box says "must have one of these products" and lists a bunch but when you install it never asks for proof. The upgrade version is like $100 cheaper.

I'm not sure if this is true for X3 or X4, someone will have to help me out on that. We got X3 for free so I didn't have to worry about it :D

Mike Null
07-22-2009, 7:27 AM
Garrett

The upgrade "reads" the version you have installed. If you don't have one installed the upgrade won't install either.

We should be nearing the time for X5 though I haven't heard any rumblings about it yet.

Scott Challoner
07-22-2009, 9:27 AM
Originally Posted by Lisa Griffiths http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1157093#post1157093)
Now don't hold me to this :D but I heard something at a seminar I just attended about X5 coming out in January 2010 .

This was a response to my question about X5 awhile back.

Dan Hintz
07-22-2009, 11:42 AM
I went through the "no news at all..." to "it's here!" within just a few weeks when it came to the recent Wacom Tablets. Corel is on schedule to release their next version by end of 2009, beginning of 2010, but in the same vein they are keeping pretty tight-lipped.