PDA

View Full Version : How do I create a Notary Stamp in Corel Draw

Dennis J Brown
07-21-2009, 3:34 PM
I have a customer in need of a notary stamp and am having a hard time creating the dash marks that go around the border. Any advice or does anyone have a file already created?
I'd like the file already created so I can get the order completed. I would also like to know how to create one if anyone knows how.

Thanks everyone:)

Dee Gallo
07-21-2009, 3:41 PM
Can't you just make a circle with a line of the correct thickness, then change the line to a dash line instead of solid?

:) dee

Okay - I just googled "notary public stamp" to see what you are talking about. This is a simple one (jpeg)- there are lots of variations.

To make the outside border quickly, I would make a straight line the whole diameter of the circle. To make it easier, make this jpeg red, then lock it so you can work directly over it. Then add the line, duplicate and rotate, duplicating a zillion times til you have something that looks like wheel spokes. Group it, then cover with a centered, smaller circle of white, no line. Group all and put all your other stuff on top.

Dennis J Brown
07-21-2009, 4:01 PM
Do you ever have one of those moments? I spent several hours in Corel trying to figure out a way to make this item. Right after I posted my question, I went back to Corel draw (again) and started looking over all of the tools. Then it hit me, the outside border looks like a bunch of "I's" all the way around, so I made a circle the size I needed, then hit the text icon and hit the "I" several times, then went under the text tool and selected fit to path. Behold.. I have the outside border, I then did the same for the inside but used periods. Now I am trying to find that design for the center. Or at least a way to manipulate a design to match it.
The image you put in your reply is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for the input.

Dee Gallo
07-21-2009, 4:13 PM
Well, here it is - I was bored.... :)

You're on your own for the rest, I didn't know what you wanted in the middle.

Tony Lenkic
07-21-2009, 7:42 PM
Dennis,

Here are instructions provided by Millenium Marking.......
They sell delrin for this type of work.

Dennis J Brown
07-21-2009, 8:08 PM
I love this site. It is great to have people out there that are willing to help.
I do appreciate it. THANKS

Frank Corker
07-22-2009, 6:53 AM
I only ever had one request to do a notary seal. It came out really nice. It was also my first opportunity to use Delrin. Interesting material, has the appearance of white acrylic but way stronger, different smell, but engraved really nicely. Hardest part was making the female, same in life :rolleyes:, but in the end it was a little bit of give and take to get both halves just right.

Paul Brinkmeyer
07-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Doesn't your state supply it?

In Arizona, when I got authorization from the Secretary of State to make the notary seal, they supplied all the artwork I needed in vector format. told me what sizes and colors to use.

I think that's were I learned what records I need to keep for each stamp too.

Dan Hintz
07-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Doesn't Corel have a circular step-and-repeat command? Draw the dash once, then step-and-repeat 180 times.