PDA

View Full Version : Visit with a Dallas Creeker...

Jim Becker
09-01-2004, 9:35 PM
This afternoon, I stopped by Steve Jenkins' shop to chew the fat and see what was new. Busy man! In addition to a great looking cherry hutch in progress, Steve was working on a prototype for a very unique sofa designed by...a designer. (Something that Mr. Singer would like, too) Honest, I really did take a picture of Steve screwing it together but I must have pushed the wrong button on my phone after saving it 'cause it ain't anywhere to be found in the device. Serves me right for not paying attention to what I was doing...now the "picture police" are going to be on my case. Sheesh! At any rate, it was great to see Steve again and I always learn something new when I do. I also saw some interesting accessories from Aigner that might empty my wallet at some point, too...not to mention some burl slabs "to die for"...

Waymon Campbell
09-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Jim - You're not having trouble with your D70, are you? My D70 arrived last week (stealth gloat). What an absolutely awesome upgrade from my piddly little 3MP point and shooter.

I can't wait to actually see Steve's shop and work when I attend the upcoming Dallas Area BBQ.

Mark Singer
09-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Jim,
Your visiting, mentioning my name occasionally, even giving me a Mazel Tov now and then when it is appropriate....Mr travel man where is my visit? (I learned guilt from my mother)

Dave Anderson NH
09-02-2004, 6:06 AM
Gee Jim, it's now my turn to give a little razz. No Pictures? You're gonna have to go back and do it all over again. We just can't believe that you were there if there's no proof.:rolleyes:

Tyler Howell
09-02-2004, 6:11 AM
Them new fangle phone gizzies! The pix ended up in Japan:p

Steve Jenkins
09-02-2004, 7:39 AM
i'll vouch for the fact that Jim actually was here. We had a nice visit and I even stuck a drill in his hand for a few minutes. He did mention to me that he had snuck in a pic. so he isn't trying to bluff his way out of not having one. It's always a pleasure to have people stop by.
Jim, thanks again for the visit it was good to see you again. Steve

Chris Padilla
09-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Steve,

It doesn't sound like you actually witnessed the taking of the pic so although you've confirmed the visit, we still aren't sure of this pic problem he trying to buy us off with....

Steve Jenkins
09-02-2004, 12:02 PM
You're right Chris. Jim does think ahead so he could have been setting me up last night.hmmmmmm. he didn't have a camera and I didn't see his cell phone good enough to know if it really could take a pic. Steve

Jim Becker
09-02-2004, 3:12 PM
Jim - You're not having trouble with your D70, are you? My D70 arrived last week (stealth gloat). Heck no...the D70 is a darling...but I don't take it on business trips normally, although I did sneak it in last week to the left coast. Since I accidentally left my "travel camera" (Nikon Coolpix 880) in my hotel room when I visited Steve, I just used my Motorola V600 to snap the pic. Silly me...forgot to tell it to actually save the image before I moved on to helping Steve herd screws. :rolleyes:

You other folks are just going to have to trust me that I'm tellin' the truth. (Not an easy thing in an election season, I suppose...)