PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
07-20-2009, 9:57 AM
20 Jul 2009

Good Morning,
Sorry that I'm late getting this posted but I got back in from Philly late yesterday afternoon and when I crashed for sleep last night, I was so exhausted that I didn't get up until now. Disaster Recovery Exercises wear pretty hard on me these days and it's precious little sleep from start to finish and this one was only 64 hours long (continuous). After about 32 hours of work and no sleep, I get a bit punchy.

No woodworking for me this past weekend, just glad to be home and glad that this exercise is over.

So what did YOU did this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Michael Schumacher
07-20-2009, 2:48 PM
Only put up the Cement Fiber Siding - gained a bunch of ground this weekend with help on Saturday - although in a way, I'd like to work on my own.

Of the whole project - I'm about 1/3 done with the siding - at least that is my guess.

Jerome Hanby
07-20-2009, 3:30 PM
I saw two movies, attended Hardwood Inc of Alabaster's open house (didn't buy anything), and was generally useless all weekend.

Fred Voorhees
07-20-2009, 6:51 PM
Nothing shopwise this weekend. A bit of a lull up there right now. Saturday found me hitting my usual Saturday night dirt track for some great big block modified stock car racing where my long time favorite again won....his fifth of the year there and right in the thick of the points battle. Sunday morning it was my second Delaware River bass float of the year. This one was somewhat special as I joined my brother Dave and his son/my nephew Travis. Dave and his first wife divorced years ago and she moved to upstate New York a number of years ago and I don't often get to see both of my nephews besides the annual salmon fishing trip to Oswego, NY. So it was great to share some time with both of them, but particularly with Trav while we all were going something that we truly enjoy. Oh yeah....I outfished them both:D Upon coming home from the fishing trip, I became a bachelor for a handful of days since the better half is away on some business stuff for her job. When the cat is away.........well, you know how it goes.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-20-2009, 7:21 PM
Early Saturday morning, my granddaughter and great-granddaughter arrived from Phoenix.

I played with little Riley this weekend.

Creeker David Christoper and his charming and beautiful wife Gloria stopped in for a short visit Sunday morning. David and I swapped seas stories but his are more current as he is still on active duty. We really enjoyed their visit. Come back again David!

Al Willits
07-21-2009, 8:57 AM
Been the weekend from hell..Saturday was planned for the wife and I to hit one of the local lakes fishing and Sunday spent in the garage trying to get ready to finally start the kitchen cabinets, instead we ended up at 4:00 am at the vets emergency clinic with Gracie our German short hair.

Not only does she have Addison's disease, she now has Glaucoma and is blind in one eye, today we go to the Ophthalmologist to find out our dogs future, to say we're a bit upset is a understatement.

Al

Joe Mioux
07-21-2009, 9:15 AM
A local cabinet shop/woodworking shop is running a sale on wood.

I picked up 87 bd ft of red oak for $1.35 and walnut for $1.95.

They also have a 300 bd ft bundled lots of different species for .75/bd ft. The bundles include, Cherry, walnut, red and white oak, maple, poplar etc.

Also picked up a Clayton Spindle sander from them for $149.95.

joe