PDA

View Full Version : Miniature video tutorial

Jeff Nicol
07-20-2009, 7:48 AM
Good morning vortex!

Here is a link to the first half of a 2 part video tutorial on turning a minitaure hollow form. Like always it could be a little better in the lighting department but I am a woodturner not a movie producer! Check them out and see what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eM4lSoXhUU

Thanks for watching!

Jeff

tom martin
07-20-2009, 8:30 AM
Great job Jeff!
Thanks for another informative video. Turners today are soooo lucky to have Jeff and others spend the time to share their knowledge and technique for the benefit of the whole turning community!!
Thanks Jeff

robert hainstock
07-20-2009, 8:47 AM
Very clear instructions, Thanks too for including the whoopsy and the recovery process. Looking forward to part two. :)
Bob

Jeff Nicol
07-20-2009, 9:28 AM
Bob,

Part 2 is up there also, it should be with all my other videos once you are on YouTube, but if not here is the link to all my videos on the "TUBE" Thanks and more to come.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenNicol

Jeff

Steve Schlumpf
07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Watched both of your vids Jeff - really nice work!

Peter Lamb
07-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Jeff
You have done it again. For those who have not yet tried it your video should suck others further into the vortex. So much less wood so little clean up.
Peter

Joshua Dinerstein
07-20-2009, 6:13 PM
That is really cool. Thanks for sharing. I had seen those on Ebay but wasn't aware it was you that was making them. Or at least some of them... ;)

Joshua

Bob Hamilton
07-20-2009, 8:18 PM
Looks good, Jeff! Tough to find a camera position that shows the action but isn't constantly getting blocked as you try to work, isn't it? :D

Take care
Bob

Jeff Nicol
07-20-2009, 8:45 PM
Looks good, Jeff! Tough to find a camera position that shows the action but isn't constantly getting blocked as you try to work, isn't it? :D

Take care
Bob
Bob, It is lots of fun to keep the picture good! I like to have someone else taking the footage to get the best stuff. But sometimes just keep shooting untill there is something to cut and chop together to make a good video. I always think I sound like some sort of goofball on the audio, but that is me!

Thanks,

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Great video's Jeff. Really enjoyed them.

Jarrod McGehee
07-21-2009, 8:06 PM
Jeff, I love the videos but what I like the most is that country music in the background :D good vids. I learned some good stuff watching a few of those.

Tim Boger
07-21-2009, 8:17 PM
Jeff ... I always enjoy watching turning videos, yours are fun and informative.

Maybe sometime you could do a video on how you make some of your miniature hollowing tools. That would be terrific.

Thanks for sharing!

Tim

Larry Marley
07-21-2009, 8:47 PM
That was fun Jeff!
Thanks

Jeff Nicol
07-21-2009, 8:57 PM
I will be doing some more soon, the steady rest business just went bonkers though! Thanks Matt!!

Tim, I will do one on the mini tools, that should be fun. I will get some things together and figure out which to make that would be easy and the most used.

Thanks again to all!!

Jeff

Rob Cunningham
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for posting the videos Jeff.
A question about the Morse taper adapters. How do you make them to fit the taper accurately?

Mike Svoma
07-22-2009, 1:52 PM
"I always think I sound like some sort of goofball on the audio, but that is me!

Thanks,

Jeff"

Yup.........Jeff = Goofball. ROFLOL:D:D:D

Mike

Richard Bentley
07-22-2009, 3:01 PM
That was a fantastic video, you are really good with a skew wish I was that good.

Anyway I really Look forward to your Min. tool making video.....

Jeff Nicol
07-22-2009, 8:47 PM
Thanks for posting the videos Jeff.
A question about the Morse taper adapters. How do you make them to fit the taper accurately?
Bob, I have an old morse taper #2 drill bit that I transfer the large diameter and the small diameter to the spindle I am working on using the length of the taper on the bit as a length for the wood tapers. I have made so many of them that I can get them pretty good the first time. If not a toss it and make some more! I just start most of the time with 3/4" stock, hard maple most of the time but any of the hard woods will work. You could probably set up a little jig that would follow the tool rest set at the correct angle and make them that way, maybe I will come up with something that would be easy for everyone to do and make or add it to the mini tool video.

Jeff