PDA

View Full Version : Spice Rack

Mike Minto
07-19-2009, 6:15 PM
Spice rack I just finished for my step-daughter. She and her boyfriend play cards online, so thought they would get a kick out of the theme at the top of the rack. Can't wait to see her face when I give it to her (complete with brass screws and drywall anchors :p). Red oak sides, alder shelves, luan back, stained and finished with wipe-on poly, satin finish. VERY loosely based on a nice one made by David Marks. Enjloy, comment as you like. Mike

John Keeton
07-19-2009, 6:28 PM
Mike, that really is a neat idea!! Kind of special to fill a functional need, and do it with a theme....sure to be a hit. Wonder what red and black background (felt?) would look like on the suit cutouts?

Mike Minto
07-19-2009, 7:18 PM
john, haha - i wondered about coloring the 'edges', or 'inside' of the suits - decided that wouldn't work too well - it would be cool, though! mike

John Thompson
07-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Clever gift Mike.. and a subtle reminder that I get tired of opening the cabinet door that she keeps spices in and one always falling out from being over-filled. And.. I have to agree with JK on his thinking black and red felt as a background attached to the back side might look good and would really be no trouble to attach.

Nice rack anyway...