PDA

View Full Version : Wood Boxes

Joe Baker
07-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi, i am looking for a regular supplier of wooden gift boxes. They will be various sizes (example: 5" X 5" X 2"). Anyone out there?

David Dalzell
07-19-2009, 12:21 AM
What does "regular supplier " mean? How many per week? What quality/price?

Joe Baker
07-19-2009, 10:07 AM
First order would be around 80 boxes and then order monthly after that based on our needs. Price is a question you would need to answer

John Thompson
07-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Joe.. you might mosey over to Woodworking projects and look for the name, Ed Sallee. Ed pumps out 3-4 boxes and flag cases a week on average which are larger than your needs. But.. with that said he also works full time and does it on the side so I can't personally say if he could or would be interested.

The original 80 might take a month to do but.. depending on the quantity of the monthly order he might very well pull it off? So.. it might be worth your time to go over to where we mainly hang out (he's basically a neighbor about 13 miles away) and send him a PM as it is possible. I do know he does do cigar humidors for several cigar shops around the Atlanta area pre-sold and on consignment so......

Good luck in your quest for a source. BTW.. I am retired and have the time but it sounds too much like production line for me as I perfer one-off large carcass work. But someone is out there for you.

Regards...

George Bregar
07-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Joe.. you might mosey over to Woodworking projects and look for the name, Ed Sallee. Ed pumps out 3-4 boxes and flag cases a week on average which are larger than your needs. But.. with that said he also works full time and does it on the side so I can't personally say if he could or would be interested.

The original 80 might take a month to do but.. depending on the quantity of the monthly order he might very well pull it off? So.. it might be worth your time to go over to where we mainly hang out (he's basically a neighbor about 13 miles away) and send him a PM as it is possible. I do know he does do cigar humidors for several cigar shops around the Atlanta area pre-sold and on consignment so......

Good luck in your quest for a source. BTW.. I am retired and have the time but it sounds too much like production line for me as I perfer one-off large carcass work. But someone is out there for you.

Regards... Reminds me of the joke (modified for the particulars);

"How much to make a gift box?
"$50".
"How much if for 80?"
"$100 each"
"Why does the price go up with volume?"
"Because you're asking me to do some real work"

;)

Russ Hauser
07-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi, i am looking for a regular supplier of wooden gift boxes. They will be various sizes (example: 5" X 5" X 2"). Anyone out there?

Do they have to be square? I've made and sold hundreds of Shaker oval boxes of various sizes, in cherry, maple and walnut.

Russ

Tyler Purcell
07-19-2009, 2:52 PM
Actually, I might be able to help you. A friend of mine and I run a business selling wooden boxes, and they actually make up about 95% of what we sell. Send me a PM and I would be more than happy to help you or maybe send a quote.

Joe Baker
07-19-2009, 4:45 PM
Russ, i need them square.

George, thanks for the post. I am sure it will help in my search (sarcasim)

Steve knight
07-19-2009, 5:26 PM
80 would take me a couple days to do myself. I did 300 in less then a week one tiem with sliding lids. what a pain (G)

John Teichman
07-19-2009, 6:28 PM
Joe where are you located and is this something like you are looking for if so email me teichman8760@gmail.com i do cut on cnc router if you have a pitcular shape let me know. John

Joe Baker
07-19-2009, 10:07 PM
John, i dont see a picture. Did you try to post one?

John Teichman
07-20-2009, 5:10 PM
send me a email and i will send to you in mean time i'll try to up load again.

John Teichman
07-20-2009, 5:18 PM
here is another.

Russ Hauser
07-20-2009, 6:05 PM
I think he's looking for square boxes.

Russ

Joe Baker
07-20-2009, 7:21 PM
I am wanting square boxes