PDA

View Full Version : Gloat of a different kind

Rusty Smith
07-17-2009, 5:36 PM
I made these Home Run Baseball Trophies for my grandson. He hit two home runs in the Kansas City USSSA State Tournament where they took third place. Then the following weekend they played in the NBC State Tournament in Topeka where my grandson hit three home runs, two of which were in the championship game both with two men on base. Final score 7-4 and a State Champion Title for the Kansas Crush.

Bernie Weishapl
07-17-2009, 8:21 PM
Rusty those are great looking pieces. Grandson will be proud of those.

Brian Novotny
07-17-2009, 8:52 PM
You must be sooooo proud!!!! Sounds like an incredible performance. Your grandson will cherish those (as they now are part of the memory) for the rest of his life. I used to turn alot of those, but they were for my hippie friends to showcase their round crystals in. Display pieces are hot!

Bill Bolen
07-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Those are great looking pieces and a fine idea too! If he keeps hitting like that I hope the cards can get their hands on him! Sounds like another Albert P....Bill...

Steve Schlumpf
07-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Rusty - congrats go to your grandson for some outstanding performances! Pretty cool idea for commemorating the events! He should be very happy to receive these! Nice work!

alex carey
07-18-2009, 6:57 AM
I've never seen that before, very cool. They look great.

Rusty Smith
07-18-2009, 9:00 AM
Those are great looking pieces and a fine idea too! If he keeps hitting like that I hope the cards can get their hands on him! Sounds like another Albert P....Bill...

Cardnals would be just fine, I would prefer SL over KC just because of the tradition (and I like red).:D Just making it to the "Biggs" would be a dream come true of course. He is the fifth generation of ball players in our family and probably has the best chance since his Great-Grandfather was asked to play for Detroit during the depression.

Oh, BTW, his favorite player is "Big Poppy" in fact his on the field nick name is Poppy.