PDA

View Full Version : Steel City 14" bandsaw

Jerome Hanby
07-17-2009, 2:27 PM
Just saw one of these at WoodCraft. It's currently on sale for $699. It looks like a ton of bandsaw for that price. Twelve inches of re-saw no riser needed. Rack and Pinion control on the guide bar (adjusts the upper guides, may have the term wrong:o). Marble table with a straight cut (not a t) miter slot. Has a cast iron upper wheel and one very funny looking marble lower wheel.

Guy at Woodcraft kept referring to the motor as 1/2 HP, WWW says 1 & 1/2 HP (which makes much more sense).

For the life of me, I can't recall anything about the fence. It may not have been mounted on the floor display.

Frame was cast iron.

If I thought my wife would have let me live, I'd have one on the truck right now.

John Thompson
07-17-2009, 8:25 PM
The good news is you may live to drive the truck tomorrow. ;)

Kyle Iwamoto
07-17-2009, 9:52 PM
I checked thier website. Looks like it already has a riser. Sweet deal. BB guides, tension release, light, base. Not much more you could want in a bandsaw. Similar to my PM with riser. The PM comes with Carter guides and release. The SC stuff does not look like the Carter. Not that it really matters. I'd look at the PM and see the differences, and buy the SC. The table is granite, not marble. It may be difficlut to drill holes in that.

Look into a Kreg fence and rail system. That is a good accessory. From there, you can get more accessories, like a tall resaw guide.

Oh, please check with the wife first. I'd hate to be the cause of a death....:)