PDA

View Full Version : LED Covers

Robert Wilson
07-15-2009, 1:38 PM
Hi All,
I had an informal discussion with a local machine company about providing them covers led covers for their machine panels. They have some that protrude and some that are inset into the machinery. They want to cover them and have an indicator number beside them. My thought was to use either a two colored acrylic with a dark bottom and transparent top, engrave the dark away to allow the led to shine through. A issue is the lights are about a 1/2" apart and the fixture would have to prevent light bleed from one LED to another. So to the questions: 1. What recommendations would you have on material and 2. Does anyone know of sheet supplies of thick double sided tape? I am thinkinh the tape could be lasered to the LED size and prevent the light from passing through.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

George D Gabert
07-15-2009, 2:02 PM
for the ones that are raised you can just use a hole thru regular 2 color. for the recessed you can use the same material but cut a clear inser to protect. or Radio Shack used to sell clear led lens covesr that went into a hole.

GDG

Kim Vellore
07-15-2009, 3:58 PM
Can you spray paint the back of an acrylic and laser the numbers on the paint side of the panel at the LED locations, so the numbers show when the LED is lit.

Kim