PDA

View Full Version : Byron Trantham...and the rest of you Virginians...

Glenn Clabo
08-31-2004, 2:26 PM
...How'd everyone do with Gaston? I just got word that an area of about 20 blocks of downtown Richmond was roped off and was declared uninhabitable.:eek:

Keith Starosta
09-01-2004, 7:47 AM
Yeah, downtown Richmond got creamed. The pictures of the safety crews on I-95 overpasses pulling people up from their flooded cars were very scary to look at. Since Byron and I live only a few miles from each other, I'll answer by saying we got some rain, nothing too bad. It hadn't rained for several days, so for me, anyway, it was good to see. From the looks of things, we're going to be in for more rain (AT A MINIMUM!!! :eek: ) from Francis. God help all the folks between Kennedy Space Center and Daytona Beach. She looks to be an evil one. I better make sure the generators all filled up...

Keith

Ted Shrader
09-01-2004, 2:51 PM
Down here in Virginia Beach there was some rain..... We really lucked out.

Richmond and surrounding area really got it bad. Lits of rain - real fast since the storm moved very slowly. The geography of the local area contributed to the flooding as the water sought its way toward the river. It wasn't so much that the river swelled its banks, but that the rain run-off couldn't get away fast enough.

Ted