PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft low speed grinder

Jerome Hanby
07-14-2009, 1:13 PM
Bought this quite a while back, fired it up or the first time last night. It runs very smooth, no vibration, I was very impressed.

Nothing like the bargin basement model I picked up at a tool sale. I felt like death was hovering nearby when I tried to use it. I had it clamped to one of the Shopsmith tables and the vibrations were so bad that it vibrated parts loose from the smith!

I'm going to be watching for those Woodcraft grinders to go on sale again, I'd like a second unit for buffing.

Jim Eller
07-14-2009, 8:24 PM
I run my Beal Buff System on one side and a white grinding wheel on the other of a Woodcraft slow grinder. It's been going for the past four years.

Smooth and quiet.

Jim

Peter Quinn
07-14-2009, 8:42 PM
I got one on sale and I too like it. The tool rest is crap, but the tool works well.

Dick Strauss
07-14-2009, 9:37 PM
Jerome,
It looks like they might be on sale now... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=116341

Jerome Hanby
07-15-2009, 8:34 AM
Saw that one, wonder if it's the same quality as the single slow speed grinder? They certainly look very similar. May stop in the local store Friday and see if they have one. I wouldn't mind a couple of those stools either. I've got an old arcade machine that I've got working and need a stool :D.

Philip Johnson
07-15-2009, 9:07 AM
I just received a flyer from woodcraft 10 percent off all power tools and 15 percent off everything else for the 24th and 25th of July. Of course there are a few exclusions for power tools Festool, Lei Nelsen, Leigh jigs, sawstop and steelcity.