PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Tablesaw Fences

Gerald Jensen
07-13-2009, 4:19 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Shop Fox Aluma-Classic Fence (W1716)?

I'm thinking about buying one, and would appreciate any feedback.

This fence woudl replace the stock fence that came with my Jet 708100 WorkShop saw.

Josh Reet
10-26-2009, 6:58 PM
I was about to make a post about the aluma-classic. But before I did, I figured I'd bump this old post up and see if anyone saw it the second time around.

Cary Falk
10-27-2009, 2:28 AM
I dont have the Aluminum Classic. I have the Shiop Fox classic and I think it is a great fence. Another slightly cheeper option is the Delta T2. I had one on my Delta Contractor saw and it is a great fence. It usually runs $150 and someteimes less on sale. Lowes used to carry them. You can probably get them at Amazon. HTH.

Josiah Bartlett
10-27-2009, 3:15 AM
I have had the Shop Fox g9220 on my Unisaw for a couple of years. It works great, it was easy to install, and it has held its accuracy through moving the saw around. I like it.

Kyle Iwamoto
10-27-2009, 3:36 AM
Budget? The INCRA fence is sweet and although it looks flimsy, it supposedly is more solid than my Bies style fence......

scott spencer
10-27-2009, 4:59 AM
I've seen the Aluma Classic...it's essentially a copy of the Biesemeyer Homeshop fence steel t-square design but with aluminum clad faces w/t-slots. Simple design, easy to use, sturdy, goof proof. The same basic design is or was used on a few other saws under different names...Canwood, Bridgewood, King come to mind. The Delta T2 is similar without the t-slots.