PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
07-13-2009, 8:31 AM
13 Jul 2009

Good Morning,
Looks like we are getting rain today with some storm in the state. That's fine as we need the rain and....it helps the temps to stay cooler.

Been working on 2 cupcake stands for a friends wedding gift. My youngest son has been helping me and I've been taking that opportunity to just teach him about woodworking and how to figure stuff out along the way for these projects that have no plans to go by.

If anyone knows where I can get some small sheets of birdseye maple veneer, say about 12" by 12" or something like that, I'd appreciate the pointer to where.

It's felt really good to spend time in the shop doing woodworking, but it sure has been hot.! Played bass at church yesterday and watched a movie with the family last night.
Veggies are starting to be harvested in our two garden spots. It's been really tasty to have fresh out of the garden food on the table.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do over this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ted Calver
07-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Picked zucchini, and picked zucchini :)

Dan Gill
07-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Nothing having to do with woodworking. I could have worked on some cutting boards, but instead went to a sporting clays tournament. I had fun, but considering my score, probably should have worked on cutting boards.

We did see My Sister's Keeper (good flick) Saturday afternoon. Sunday I taught class at church, and we brought one of my daughter's friends home for the day. Played Taboo, watched some movies, and just vegged out.

Lee Schierer
07-13-2009, 4:44 PM
I started the rennovation of our back deck. We are going to replace the surface with composite. That means all the old 5/4 decking has to come off. It is in a basket weave pattern so there are lots of 4' pieces making removal a bit harder. Then I have to add joists as I have to get to 16" spacing or less, I'm currently at 24". However to add the joists I have to remove the cross support blocking that were put in for the basket weave. I have to dig two holes for new posts as this deck will be slightly larger. The new decking will be applied with a hidden fastener so there will be no screws showing on the surface.

So far I managed to set the two posts, revise the plan, remove all the blocking and about 3/4 of the decking surface. I will set some joists tonight and build the new suport beam onto the two posts.

Matt Meiser
07-13-2009, 8:06 PM
Easing back into the shop after my surgeries. Built the hockey stick picture frame I posted in another thread. Also built a cornhole game for my daughter--just one side and travel sized. While trying to figure out the colors I told her we could paint it with the Festool-green paint I have from when I built my Sysport. She suggested two colors, black (we had that too from another project) and green to match my Festool vac. :D So black and green it was. Also received and inventoried all the hardware for the kitchen project.

Jim Becker
07-13-2009, 9:54 PM
Dennis....Joe Woodworker has what you need in veneer or can get it for you.

My "week" (I was off work) accomplishments included helping to rebuild the exterior walls of 8 stalls at the stable we ride at and board Elvis. Flowing into the weekend, I finally finished up some intended changes/additions to the parking area behind the house, including removable of soil and substitution of about 6-8" of 3/4" modified stone. (Using the big, orange power tool, of course) Elvis got his weekly bath and after a little shopping on Sunday, I got in an hour of riding.

Here's some pictures of the work at the stable.

Finished walls ready to have the metal siding re-installed:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/10-July-2009-2.jpg

The "happy customers"...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/a-j-adopt/8-July-2009.jpg