PDA

View Full Version : Proud Papa

Joe Scharle
07-13-2009, 7:30 AM
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Cobb_Co_Pair_Make_Record_breaking_Flight_071209

Mitchell Andrus
07-13-2009, 8:30 AM
As the father of an 18 yo pilot myself, job well done dad!! I know what you're feeling.

"Way to go" to the pilots also. Double extra good for Jessica's ability to get past the obstacles.

Steve Schlumpf
07-13-2009, 8:58 AM
Congrats Joe! You should be proud! That is quite an accomplishment!

Curt Harms
07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
She for the accomplishment, you for raising a daughter capable and willing to try. In addition to the record, there should also be a "iron butt" award. Nearly 20 hours in an LSA?! For those unfamiliar with them, LSA's (Light Sport Aircraft) are a relatively new category of private aircraft. They can include some of the original light aircraft such as the J3 Cub and Aeroncas. They have quite a light wing loading which means they don't ride especially nice on bumpy days. Sorta like a pickup with a heavy suspension unloaded on bumpy road. I've not flown an LSA but did my time in light singles and would not want to do what they did. Of course, I'm not 24 either;).

Joe Scharle
07-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks folks....Quite right about the bumpy ride! She only weighs 105# and said that she had to keep the harness cinched tight from Texas to Arizona! Lots of gulf turbelence.