PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Treadle or Spring Lathe??

Gilbert Vega
08-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Our local woodturning club has taken on the task of building a treadle lathe and a spring (bow) lathe for public demonstartions to increase interest in woodturning. I'm in the committee to get this done. Does anyone have any plans for either one?

Jim Ketron
08-31-2004, 12:27 AM
Here is one site
http://www.his.com/~tom/sca/lathes2.html
They have some books listed at the bottom of the page.
Jim

Bob Hovde
08-31-2004, 12:03 PM
Roy Underhill made and used a bow lathe on "The Woodwright's Shop" several years ago. It's probably in one of his books (NCU Press).

Bob

Wes Bischel
08-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Gilbert,

I have a PDF of a "Boy's Lathe" - looks like it is from the 20's or 30's. It is a plan for a treadle lathe with a 2' dia. flywheel - about 4' long total. It's all wood, so the dimensions could be altered to make it more portable. The copy is a bit rough, but hte info is all there.

Send me a PM with your email if you want a copy. That's the only way I can think of to get it to you.

Wes

Gilbert Vega
08-31-2004, 4:30 PM
Gilbert,

I have a PDF of a "Boy's Lathe" - looks like it is from the 20's or 30's. It is a plan for a treadle lathe with a 2' dia. flywheel - about 4' long total. It's all wood, so the dimensions could be altered to make it more portable. The copy is a bit rough, but hte info is all there.

Send me a PM with your email if you want a copy. That's the only way I can think of to get it to you.

Wes

PM'd you. Thanks.
And thanks to the others that replied.