PDA

View Full Version : Delta Mortiser Fence

Martin Gerber
07-12-2009, 9:38 AM
I have a model 14-650 Delta mortiser. The cast fence rod broke where it enters the column. The Delta replacement part sites all indicate the part is obsolete and not available.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Any ideas on a replacement?

Steve Clardy
07-12-2009, 3:20 PM
Type 1 or Type 2?

Looks like both are not available from my favorite parts source.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/search_result.php?keywords=14-650&search_type=1

Possibly you could fabricate one from some round cold roll steel

Frank Guerin
07-12-2009, 8:02 PM
I took the fence off and put a cheap x-y vise on. A good fence that slides and keeps parellel (sp) would be better.

Bruce Wrenn
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
I have a model 14-650 Delta mortiser. The cast fence rod broke where it enters the column. The Delta replacement part sites all indicate the part is obsolete and not available.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Any ideas on a replacement?The whole fence assembly is a one piece casting. The fence is surfaced, and then attached to a face plate, and the rod portion is turned to 25MM. A friend broke his a couple years back. He got the same reply about parts not being available, even though machine was still being offered for sale.:( My neighbor (a retired machinest) made him a replacement part.:) We still have some of the 25MM drill rod, and the 25MM collet to fit lathe. Post a picture, and I will get my neighbor to look at if and see if he could do the same with yours. It will take a couple of days, as we have very different schedules, and I'm obligated for each night this week. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of the original repair. It looked "factory perfect.":cool: