PDA

View Full Version : Small bowl in the middle of chaos...

Don Carter
07-11-2009, 3:25 PM
Well, after a tree fell into my house about a month ago, I have not had much time in the shop. We are recovering and now are into the painting and finishing stages.

I have finished one bowl that I wanted to post but it may be a little while longer before I can get back to my favorite addiction.

Thanks for looking.

Steve Schlumpf
07-11-2009, 3:43 PM
Good looking bowl Don! Nice form that looks like it would be real comfortable to hold! Real pretty spalted wood - very rich color! Also like the slight slant to the rim!

Hope the house thing gets taken care of soon and you can have some time to relax!

Bernie Weishapl
07-11-2009, 4:54 PM
A very nice bowl Don. Nice form and rich wood. Glad to hear you are on the down hill side of the tree job.

Richard Madison
07-11-2009, 5:42 PM
Nice bowl Don, and excellent twist on the old saying, when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade. When a tree falls on the house, make bowls.

ROY DICK
07-11-2009, 9:45 PM
Don,
Outstanding. Wishing you and yours well.

Roy

Don Carter
07-12-2009, 1:55 PM
Thanks guys for your kind words. We have had an eventful early summer and I look forward to getting back to the fun stuff.

Dan Forman
07-12-2009, 9:31 PM
Lovely bowl, really nice coloration. Hope the tree was a good one for turning, so there is some consolation.

Dan

Wayne Leach
07-12-2009, 9:38 PM
Don,
Nice shape on the bowl. Not being a fan of footed bowls, I like what you did on this one.
What kind of wood, size and finish on it.
Thanks,
Wayne

Gary Herrmann
07-12-2009, 9:49 PM
Small bowl in the midst of life. Glad to see you're making progress on repairs. Very nice job on the bowl.

The vortex will be eagerly awaiting your return.