PDA

View Full Version : rubberstamp help..

Nadia Zois
07-11-2009, 1:49 AM
i am trying to make rubber stamps but i am having such a hard time!!

i am using the default settings on my laser driver. but i am trying it on no odor rubber , i dont know if it is different than normal rubber? like how it engraves i mean..

my problem is that there doesnt seem to be many details. and it looks as if it is burning too much maybe? because huge parts of the details are just gone.. like they were eaten away.

i am getting frustrated. i tried several different settings but i cannot seem to get it right...

can you guys help me ?

i am using a 25watt versalaser. it has a 2.0 lens. not sure if that is why it doesnt have much details?

the settings the driver has is 100 power 50 speed

i dont want to waste the whole sheet on mistakes...

Garrett Nors
07-11-2009, 2:04 AM
Nadia,

I'm not sure why two threads are needed for this subject. Maybe I am missing something... It is after 1 in the morning here :) I really should go to bed...

Nadia Zois
07-11-2009, 3:25 AM
agh well the other one was more asking about that type of rubber. now i am just curious in general about how to make stamps. i am so lost! it is like 3AM for me so maybe it is too late for me too. hehe. sorry if i posted two of the same subjects . i thought the other was more talking about that type pf rubber . agh okay i am repeating myself..that means it is sleepy time ;P

Dee Gallo
07-11-2009, 8:39 AM
i dont want to waste the whole sheet on mistakes...

Nadia, have you done a test strip, using different settings? I find that helpful when using a new material.

Also, I have in my notes a recommended setting of 70 speed/50 power for 300 dpi for 25w- not that I've made a rubber stamp, but I keep a log of possibly useful settings in my manual which were posted by people with experience. Maybe you are overpowering the rubber. You can find out easily by doing several small test squares and use a very little space rather than ruin a whole sheet for nothing.

cheers, dee

Garrett Nors
07-11-2009, 9:24 AM
Our 45w laser uses 35% speed, 100% power to raster, and 20% speed, 100% power, 100 frequency to cut.

Works out pretty well :D

We got our stamp kit from Laserbits (http://www.laserbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_319&products_id=805&zenid=d5ipgn3v6vj714gv0f03s2qqa3)...it's smelly but it does the job.

Dan Hintz
07-11-2009, 3:02 PM
Nadia,

I would start at half of that speed and go slower from there... 25W isn't a whole lot, so you'll probably be running around 15S.

Brian Conklin
07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
100power 12speed..........does a really good job!