PDA

View Full Version : Question about some Miter Saws and Drill/Impact Drivers.

Brandon Gerdzunas
07-10-2009, 5:24 PM
What do you think would be better.

I went to Lowes this past weekend up picked up the Dewalt DW717 10" Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw they had it for sale @ $424 I had 10% off so walked out of there cost me roughly $424 after tax.

The blade on it is not the greatest but I needed to cut some 2x6's that day so I left it on and it worked fine for that. I have some better 10" blades that I will use when I need them.

I liked it right away I just need to tweak the settings a little since it didn't cut square out of the box which is fine.

I know alot of people like the Makita's but I just didn't like the one's my boss bought he got 2 of the Makita LS1013FL. I did see the newer one that came out that looks pretty nice the LS1016L but not sure if it's worth to jump on it for $125 more. I guess if it goes on sale in the next 3 months or if I decide I don't like the Dewalt than maybe. Also that Milwaukee Miter Saw looks sweet too it felt the smoothest while using the sliding action.

I know Bosch is/was rated the best but I just really don't like there saws but that miter stand looks sweet I might return the Dewalt stand and pick that up.

Also I'm looking into buying either the Milwaukee or Makita Drill/Impact combo kit what would be better I really like that battery charge level on Milwaukee batteries. I have all Dewalt cordless right now and would like something a little lighter and would like to start to replace some of my Dewalt tools since there getting older and new repairs and replacing soon.