PDA

View Full Version : Business start up!!!!

Mauricio Ulloa
07-10-2009, 3:46 PM
Hey,

I'm a weekend woodworker who started doing turning for fun.... (same story as many people here!!!!!!)

I started making pens and selling them to my friends, relatives and coworkers. They liked them so much that the sales continued growing. Then, the earnings made from the sales were re-invested in a new mini lathe and to buy more kits to make more pens.... I had a harbor freight that burned out twice!!!!

To make the story short, my pens started to sale last week in one of the most important craft stores in my country.

It seems that the business is starting!

Take care and soul on everybody!

Bill Bolen
07-10-2009, 6:09 PM
Goodluck with your new business.It's sure great to hear a success story rather than another tragedy...Bill...

Bernie Weishapl
07-10-2009, 8:22 PM
Congrats and good luck with your pens sales. Good to hear.

Steve Schlumpf
07-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Mauricio - congrats on your sales! Always good to hear when a fellow turner can sell their work! Best of luck with your business!

Mauricio Ulloa
07-13-2009, 6:38 AM
Thanks for your kind words of encouragement! I'd really like this to work to do what I love for living!

alex carey
07-13-2009, 3:42 PM
Congrats and good luck with your up and coming business. Just wondering, what country do you speak of.

Derek Voigt
07-13-2009, 3:48 PM
Nice score, I'm still looking for that big order. How did you do it?

I've got my website going and some pens in my sisters book store, but 80% of my sales have come from people at my day job! so no leaving this one.

Mauricio Ulloa
07-13-2009, 4:22 PM
I'm currently in Costa Rica