PDA

View Full Version : Conversation photo

Andy Bardowell
07-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Haven’t posted one for a while, this shop is a bit of a throwback, check out the drill press. Anyone know what the burgundy tool is in the foreground?

Gene Howe
07-10-2009, 5:13 AM
I think you are referring to a horse drawn conveyance. It appears to be the under carriage and wheels. A buck board, maybe?
Gene

Orion Henderson
07-10-2009, 9:27 AM
Amish country? Is that some type of drill press?

Cliff Rohrabacher
07-10-2009, 2:03 PM
I've worked in machine shops that still had the (then unused) pulleys over head.

Brad Wood
07-10-2009, 4:25 PM
looks like perhaps a band saw? (you are talking about the burgandy device to the left just behind the horse carriage right?)

Jim Rimmer
07-10-2009, 6:09 PM
looks like perhaps a band saw? (you are talking about the burgandy device to the left just behind the horse carriage right?)
I agree, it looks like some kind of saw (sawdust on the table) and I assume you are not talking about the carriage. Looks like it has some modern additons - yellow plastic knobs?

Nice new picture. :D

Andy Bardowell
07-11-2009, 12:15 AM
That's right

Steve Rozmiarek
07-11-2009, 1:06 AM
Wonder if it may be a mortiser. That would be consistant for a cariage shop, if thats what the photo is of. Could be a jig saw though. Don't think it's a bandsaw, no wheels.

Jim Rimmer
07-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Looks like a saw that operates like a sewing machine and cuts like a band saw. :confused:

Dave Anderson NH
07-12-2009, 7:26 AM
Hi Andy, that looks familiar. Some years ago I was north of Toronto at a water powered mill. It was a cider mill, had a grist mill, and also a wood shop on the upper floor that looked like this. They sold cider, various flours, and freshly made donuts. Sorry,I don't remember the name of the mill or the town, it was a really neat place.