View Full Version : New member

Michael Stafford
08-30-2004, 1:45 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Michael Stafford, Big Mike to my nieces, nephews and friends and hopefully to all of you. I guess I am or was one of those "lurkers" I kept reading about. I originally came to Saw Mill Creek because of the Freedom Pen Project which I have enjoyed participating in. Over the years I have built small furniture pieces for family and friends, wooden toys for my children and nieces and nephews. Of late I have been building lots of boxes and even more recently I have taken up woodturning.

I have enjoyed learning from all of you on the site. I posted a "test picture" on the support forum and appreciate the positive comments I have received. I was hesitant to get fully involved until I was able to upload pictures for fear of incurring the wrath of the picture patrol particularly Tyler Howell's. He is a hard dude. Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all.

Big Mike

Ted Shrader
08-30-2004, 2:01 PM
Big Mike -

Welcome to the Creek. Glad you stepped up and joined. As you know it is a great place to hang out.

Don't worry about Tyler - he is hamless. :) :D :) Go ahead and post without pictures.

Welcome,
Ted

Tyler Howell
08-30-2004, 2:03 PM
Anyone named Big Mike, I kindly and with much respect ask to show us some of your work:o please.....If it's not too much trouble.

Welcome. Not a Spin Doctor myself the FPP has touched my heart with some of my young employees called up. I thank you for your support.
Glad to have you in the Creek. Great folks here.;)

Brad Schmid
08-30-2004, 2:20 PM
Welcome Big Mike! Glad you joined in.

David Wilson
08-30-2004, 2:24 PM
Big Mile

Welcome aboard

Mark J Bachler
08-30-2004, 2:32 PM
Howdy Big Mike. You're the second Big Mike I know.

Ed Hardin
08-30-2004, 3:14 PM
Welcome ole son. Tyler is still aiming at me in that I do not yet own a camera sufficient to put pictures on this forum. My son is still in seminary so the pictures will just have to wait. Sorry Tyler, once I get that boy out of school and in a church I may have a dime or two.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-30-2004, 3:15 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Mike! Glad you decided to join and participate! Always room for one more in the 'Creek! I'll warn you.....Tyler was pretty laid back about it but Chris won't be......Those two are the Pic Cops.....who send out the Pic Squad! Post pics and often to keep those two off your back! ;) :eek: :rolleyes: :D Again......Welcome!

Dick Parr
08-30-2004, 3:22 PM
Welcome to the Creek Big Mike!

Jerry Olexa
08-30-2004, 3:30 PM
Wecome Big Mike and yes watch out for Tyler. He gets v cross if you don't include pics. Glad to have you...:)

Lou Morrissette
08-30-2004, 4:57 PM
Welcome aboard, Big Mike.

Lou

Carl Eyman
08-30-2004, 5:26 PM
Welcome. From the state of NC you are in the midst of furniture making tradition

Jim Ketron
08-30-2004, 5:37 PM
Welcome to the Creek Mike!
The waters Fine:D
Jim