PDA

View Full Version : Brief Creeker Visit

Steve Braman
07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I swung out to see Phil St. Germain yesterday at lunch. We had tried to team up and get a load of walnut a few weeks back but were a little slow on the draw. But being the nice guy he is, he sent me a message and offered me some fresh cut maple. I need all the wood I can get to try to establish some basic skills. He also tossed in a couple chunks of that ugly wood he picked up at the dump a while back.

I am still amazed how much everyone here shares. Whether it is tips or a spare piece of wood, everyone is very generous. I just hope I will be able to share a little with someone else down the road.

Thanks Phil!

David Christopher
07-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Steve, youre right, these are some of the nicest people in the world...and Ive been all over the world ( US Navy )

Ken Fitzgerald
07-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Steve,

Congrats on the Creeker visit!

Generosity? 3 1/2 years ago I didn't turn. I came down here and started teasing the turners and the idiots took up a collection and bought me a lathe, tools, books, dvds...I had wood come from all over the country. I've since upgraded to a PM3520B and gifted another turner with the replacement lathe that was given to me.

Generous to a fault!

Bernie Weishapl
07-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey watch it Fitz. Who you calling a idiot?:eek::D:rolleyes::cool:;) You deserved every minute of it.

You won't find better people than here.