PDA

View Full Version : Those with Incra miter gauges, fences, etc

Chris Harry
07-08-2009, 8:09 PM
I talked about this at one point, getting cap screw knob type things to press onto all of the cap screws on our Incra stuff.

I finally ordered some. www.McMaster.com part # 94052A610

They work excellent! Just be sure to loosen the cap screw then tighten it only slightly over hand tightened before you tap the knob onto the screw (otherwise you might have a heckuva time getting the screw back out using the knob).

I converted the screws on my Incra 1000SE miter gauge to these and now I dont need the hex wrench to extend the fence, move the stop, etc.

Very handy.

-Chris

Jim Rimmer
07-08-2009, 8:38 PM
I talked about this at one point, getting cap screw knob type things to press onto all of the cap screws on our Incra stuff.

I finally ordered some. www.McMaster.com (http://www.McMaster.com) part # 94052A610

They work excellent! Just be sure to loosen the cap screw then tighten it only slightly over hand tightened before you tap the knob onto the screw (otherwise you might have a heckuva time getting the screw back out using the knob).

I converted the screws on my Incra 1000SE miter gauge to these and now I dont need the hex wrench to extend the fence, move the stop, etc.

Very handy.

-Chris
If I'm crossing the line here, sorry in advance. I noted that they only come in packs of 50. Any interest in selling some of yours?

Robert Reece
07-08-2009, 8:53 PM
Great timing! I acquired an Incra miter gauge sometime ago, but I am just now getting it out and getting it tuned.
I'll probably understand what you have done better in a few weeks, but you can post a picture? It would probably help me understand.

Chris Harry
07-08-2009, 10:17 PM
If I'm crossing the line here, sorry in advance. I noted that they only come in packs of 50. Any interest in selling some of yours?

Absolutely no problem. And yes, I am interested in selling some. I too have a bag of 50 but didnt need nearly that many!!

I think I used 5 or 6 on the 1000se miter gauge. Went to see where I could use some on my LS super system but didnt see any exposed head screws.

Anyone interested in buying a few PM me. Im not trying to make a profit, figured id share the wealth and idea with everyone.

As far as pics go, Ill have to wait until tomorrow.....cant get the camera without waking up children :)

-Chris

Cary Falk
07-09-2009, 2:41 AM
I might be interested in some if you can post a picture so I can see what you are talking about.

Chris Harry
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Finally able to get pics:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/picture.php?albumid=220&pictureid=2151

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/picture.php?albumid=220&pictureid=2150

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/picture.php?albumid=220&pictureid=2149

I used single "armed" knobs because I was worried about the handles going lower than the bottom of the miter gauge and hitting whatever table it was running on. These work well, and there is really no need to tighten them very much (I made the mistake of tightening them too much, I admit they are hard to undo once you do that)

I will post the extras in for sale forum after responding to the PMs for buying some.

-Chris

Robert Reece
07-09-2009, 7:34 PM
Thanks for the pictures. I have a Shop Stop which has knobs on the top already and I don't have the fence that does the adjusting you have. Thanks for the pics though and great idea!

Don Abele
07-09-2009, 9:15 PM
Chris, if you've got more to sell...please post...I'd love to get them for my Incra 1000SE as well.

Be well,

Doc

Jerome Hanby
07-10-2009, 9:05 AM
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a sweet set up. Think I see 50 of those connectors in my future!

Mike Heidrick
07-10-2009, 10:48 AM
It was $10 plus whatever shipping for 50 of these. I needed some teardrop post handles from McMaster Carr anyway so I ordered some of these as well. I will keep what I need/want and offer up the rest if anyone needs/wants some. Order was placed last night.I will be out next week but after that I will see what arrives.

How many needed per fence Chris?

Thanks for this info.