PDA

View Full Version : ToolZone.com?

Cliff Addy
07-07-2009, 8:10 PM
ToolZone.com has some nice sales going right now. Anyone bought major tools from them? Any kudos or horror stories?

Cliff

Zach England
07-07-2009, 8:38 PM
I ordered a jointer a couple of days ago. I can say their customer service is prompt in replying to e-mails, but won't have a verdict until I get the jointer.

travis howe
07-07-2009, 8:42 PM
Wow...how close to home this one comes! I live about 25 minutes from tool zone and have bought from them several times. They have been VERY good to work with. There is a guy there name Larry that I tend to try to talk with as he seems to be one of the closest to making the calls. They really know their stuff when it comes to woodworking tools and are a fairly high quantity shop so they can beat most prices.

I was actually going to talk w/ Larry next time I was in to see if they would want to do some sponsorship/adds for SMC.

travis

Jim Watts
07-07-2009, 8:51 PM
I was actually going to talk w/ Larry next time I was in to see if they would want to do some sponsorship/adds for SMC.

travis

Turn on banner ads for awhile and you'll see theirs eventually. Or just look here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/ads/28.jpg).

Paul Ryan
07-07-2009, 9:36 PM
I just ordered a jet drill press from them last evening. Customer service seems to be very good so far. Couldn't beat their prices, plus had free shipping. Locally the drill would have cost me $150 more. I tried and tried to get my guy to go a little lower but he wouldn't. I was just asking him to meet me half way. In the end he understood. I sent a saw it for less message to Tool King. Tool King says if they can't beat the price they will give you $100 credit to their store. Well they could beat the price by $4 but wouldn't throw in free shipping. So since they beat the price they wouldn't give me the $100 credit either.

Zach England
07-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow...how close to home this one comes! I live about 25 minutes from tool zone and have bought from them several times. They have been VERY good to work with. There is a guy there name Larry that I tend to try to talk with as he seems to be one of the closest to making the calls. They really know their stuff when it comes to woodworking tools and are a fairly high quantity shop so they can beat most prices.

travis

Do you know if they ship their tools from Colorado, or are they coming from a warehouse somewhere else? If from from Colorado and my purchase ships tomorrow like they said it should I could end up with a lathe, jointer and mortiser within the same day or two.

C Scott McDonald
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
I have been there many many times they are good people. Spent a lot of money there too! They have mentioned they have another location for storage but on bigger high dollar stuff I think they drop ship not 100% sure.

Enjoy your new tools.

Scott

Michael Flores
07-08-2009, 12:22 AM
There prices might be good if you live fairly close to their store but if you live far like southern California then shipping can add up. I got a price from them on a jet jointer including shipping and they were only $5 cheaper than amazon including shipping.

Cliff Addy
07-08-2009, 1:26 AM
Well, right now they have free shipping (including residential liftgate) on all Jet/PM machines, which puts them a couple hundred under Amazon for the machine I want.

John P Clark
07-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I have bought numerous large woodworking equipment from them and have been teated very fair. Would buy from them in a heartbeat. I agree, Larry is a great guy to workwith, and if he does not have what you are looking for, he will find it. I guess I am lucky, I kive about 5 miles from the store and see them almost weekly. You would not go worng buying from them

Paul Ryan
07-10-2009, 5:39 PM
Kudos to ToolZone.com and WMH tool group. I ordered my jet drill press at about 8 pm on monday night. It arrived today. I am very impressed with the speed of the delievery, epecially for free shipping.

Paul Ryan
07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Another pic of the new drill press

Philip Rodriquez
07-14-2009, 1:03 PM
I know all the guys there (Larry, Peter, Greg, Phil and some other goofy guy). They are a great company to deal with and they do a huge volume.