PDA

View Full Version : TTI buys Atlas Copco/Milwaukee

Christian Aufreiter
08-30-2004, 9:58 AM
According to this press release which I found on a German tool forum, TTI http://www.ttigroup.com (http://www.ttigroup.com/) buys Atlas Copco's power tool business (including Milwaukee and AEG). The deal still has to be approved by Techtronic stockholders and public authorities.

Regards,

Christian

Matt Meiser
08-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Looks like TTI is Ryobi.

Howard Acheson
08-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Ryobi is just one of the complanies under TTI.

Ted Shrader
08-30-2004, 2:04 PM
Looks like there have been lots of acquisitions lately. What with DeWalt buying buying PC and Delta. How will we tell the tools apart? Will competition in the free market suffer?

Ted

Kurt Aebi
08-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Hopefully, these people buying up these Quality brands don't have plans to de-rate the quality level already established and are looking to "Upgrade" their own Quality with these purchases, things will be alright.

But then again...................................?????????? ??????????????

Dennis Peacock
08-31-2004, 12:11 PM
I just couldn't imagine a Black and Yellow Porter-Cable "anything"!!!!

Or how about a Unisaw that looks like a king sized Bumble-Bee and then they could call the new saw: The Bumble Saw that Bee's All :D

Michael Ballent
08-31-2004, 1:37 PM
Anyone know what else TTI owns, besides Ryobi. The BD purchase of Delta/PC concerns me a little, but Milwaukee going to someone that makes Ryobi freaks me out. Let's hope they do not muck with it...

Kelly C. Hanna
08-31-2004, 2:32 PM
Count me out....TTI has Ryobi, Ridgid's new line, Fein, Metabo & Craftsman. I sure hate to see this since the Milwaukee line has always been at the top of the heap in quality. I detest TTI/OWT and their customer service is non-existant. I have owned more than a dozen of their tools over time from three different lines and none have lived long or worked very well from the begining.

I realize Fein and Metabo are considered very good tools, but I'm not one to experiment with any new line aquired by that company since I've been burned too many times before. This is sad news.

Christian Aufreiter
08-31-2004, 5:38 PM
Hi folks,

sorry, Ken, it was not my intention to violate the rules but the press release was the only information I could find yesterday.
Today, an English release (http://www.ttigroup.com/fileLibrary/pr_040830.pdf?PHPSESSID=7c7c4a0c4ea2e6cadf3388e269 848913) is available at the TTI website.

Kelly, are you sure that TTI also owns Metabo and Fein? I know that there were rumors that TTI might buy Metabo but lately it was stated that this could be one of many options in future.
I've definitely never heard that TTI onws Fein, can you provide any further information?

Regards,

Christian

Kelly C. Hanna
08-31-2004, 7:47 PM
No Christian, I have found out this afternoon they do not own either nor do they manufacture any tools for them. I was operating on second hand info gathered from the last aquisition of Ridgid. At that time I could have sworn OWT (subsidiary of TTI) manufactured tools for both as it was discussed at length in defense of their tools. Sorry for the confusion, there are no quality tool lines at TTI.

Jim Becker
08-31-2004, 10:24 PM
I was operating on second hand info gathered from the last aquisition of Ridgid. At that time I could have sworn OWT (subsidiary of TTI) manufactured tools for both as it was discussed at length in defense of their tools.
Just to be clear, TTI did not "aquire" Ridgid. They are manufacturing under contract tools (woodworking only) that carry that licensed brand name for HD. The Ridgid plumbing tools and other things that carry that brand are still the same.

Same goes for Delta/PC/Devibliss....Black and Decker is the buyer, not Dewalt which is just another brand owned by B&D.

Bruce Page
08-31-2004, 10:39 PM
I just couldn't imagine a Black and Yellow Porter-Cable "anything"!!!!

Or how about a Unisaw that looks like a king sized Bumble-Bee and then they could call the new saw: The Bumble Saw that Bee's All :DAs a long time Porter-Cable fan (30+ years) I shudder at the thought! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kelly C. Hanna
09-01-2004, 12:00 AM
You're right Jim. They (TTI) purchased the license from Emerson to make the tools under the Ridgid name for HD. I do know Emerson no longer has anything to do with the manufacturing of woodworking tools. They did keep the vacuum division along with the plumbing tools. I guess they get some money from the name Ridgid's use with TTI's tools.