PDA

View Full Version : Companion piece to Steve's

Jeff Nicol
07-07-2009, 5:45 PM
I was up in the second floor of my shop and forgot that I had turned this a couple weeks ago and put it up there to let the danish oil dry. Well I saw it today and thought I would post it as a companion piece to Steve's HF. It is from the same tree and is just a tall sided bowl with a small bead around the base, it is 4 3/4" tall and 9 5/8" wide with the thickness about 5/16". the center of the tree was getting pretty soft so it is stabilized a lot with thinned down shellac. Not quite as pretty as Steve's HF but it will work.

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
07-07-2009, 6:07 PM
Jeff that is a fine looking bowl. Very nice color in the wood.

David Christopher
07-07-2009, 6:12 PM
nothing wrong with that Jeff, I think it looks pretty darn good

Mike Minto
07-07-2009, 8:23 PM
that's a great bowl - nice to see two different forms come from the same tree! thanks for showing it to us. mike

Dave Halter
07-07-2009, 9:26 PM
That's a nice bowl. I like the design and it would make a great popcorn bowl, but I don't think I could bring myself to use it.

Dave

Jeff Nicol
07-07-2009, 10:09 PM
That's a nice bowl. I like the design and it would make a great popcorn bowl, but I don't think I could bring myself to use it.

Dave
Dave, That is always the trouble with making a nice bowl! To use or not to use?

I just sell them and not worry after that!

Thanks,

Jeff

Harvey Ghesser
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Really lovely bowl, Jeff! Great lines and the wood is very interesting!
Great work!

Steve Schlumpf
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Jeff - great looking bowl! The first photo really showcases the wood! Nice work!

Wayne Leach
07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Jeff,
Good looking bowl. Just love the red color in the wood. Keep up the good work.
Wayne

Jarrod McGehee
07-08-2009, 1:32 AM
Jeff, it looks great. 2nd floor of your shop?:D I really want to visit Casa de Nicol. just to check it out.

Jeff Nicol
07-08-2009, 7:07 AM
Jeff, it looks great. 2nd floor of your shop?:D I really want to visit Casa de Nicol. just to check it out.
Jarrod, The invitation is always open! I know you are a very busy young man, but it gives me a great feeling to share may knowledge and abilities with the leaders of tomorrow! Thanks for all your support and WOOD!!

The invitation is open to any Creeker who is passing through, I like to share!

Take care all and thanks for all the kind words!

Jeff